What's new

Where are the hurricanes? (1 Viewer)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
"Below normal?" The misuse of statistics is frightening.

Suppose you learned that the average family (somewhere, somehow) had 1.1 kids. You neighbors have one child. Would you describe their brood as below normal?

It's normal. Besides, August hurricanes are less common than September or October Hurricanes. 2006 probably won't be as active as 2005-- but I wouldn't be rebuying Florida swampland just yet.

(I sound like a damn bluray partisan, don't I? The BD50s will come, and the Cat5's will come too...)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
There's a tropical wave pretty far south that is predicted to eventually intensify into a depression (and then some) and curve northward across Cuba and probably into the Gulf of Mexico. Here it comes.

James St

Supporting Actor

It is now TD#5 and if it develops further it could pose a threat to the Western Gulf on its current track.

PhillJones

Second Unit
This years extreme weather isn't hurricanes, it's heat.

It's the second hottest July on record in the states and the hottest on record in several european countries. It was the fire season the year before wasn't it? If it's not one thing, it's another.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I think next year it's going to be frogs, and the year after that will probably be locusts and the slaying of the firstborn. :)

Regards,

Joe

James St

Supporting Actor
Looks like Ernesto could be a real problem for someone next weekend. Anyone between Louisiana and the Florida Panhandle may want to keep an eye on this one.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just saw a graphic on one of the news networks that had Ernesto at Cat 3 just off the coast of Louisiana, sometime around Wednesday.

If you're thinking about evacuating, now is the time to begin preparations...not Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks