What's new

where are the good linux forums??? (1 Viewer)

Salvador

Second Unit
I recently formatted my computer and installed winXP and redhat linux 7.3 in dual boot config using grub. Surprisingly, everything works fine when i use linux (even my internet connection) but it didn't recognize my soundblaster audigy so i don't i sound:frowning: .
So if anyone knows any good linux forums out there can you please tell me? I doubt that there are many linux users here but anyone willing to take a stab at my problem, it will be much appreciated.
I came accross this page Link Removed and downloaded the beta drivers for he audigy but i'm clueless on how to install it in linux. It mentions something about upgrading the kernel but their brief help document over there didn't help me much.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Start up IRC and go to irc.openprojects.net and join #linuxhelp. The questions I've asked have always been interested quickly and simply.
In fact, I need to go there now and figure out wth Debian insists I need to uninstall half of the packages in order to install friggin' wu-ftp or apache.
apt-get is all new to me, but seems like a good idea, in theory... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks