Where are the Get A Life Season Sets, Rhino?

ChadZ

Grip
If this is true, then I could live without the commmentary. It would haunt me to no end, but at least I'd have the episodes uncut and in perfect condition.

Of course, this is assuming Mirkin wants more money to appear in the commentaries and featurette and not the actual episodes.

I can only hope that we see a resolution soon.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
How much sway would David Mirkin or what rights (involving him) would be holding this release up? If he wanted more money for extras, they'd just laugh at him and say no. He's not Spielberg or Lucas. If they wanted this out, I can't see how he'd be able to stop it.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Chris Elliott said on last night's Daily Show that he and writer Adam Resnick have recorded commentaries for season 1 and that Sony will release it next year.

WillG

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
That's great news if Elliott is really in the know about the release of G.A.L.

Please Sony, don't screw this up by using syndicated episodes and music replacement.

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor
Certainly hope Sony will release them with the option to turn off the laugh track (like the previous DVD editions). The shows seems MUCH funnier without the canned laughter.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I was at a C.E. event last night and he said Sony will release it in February. I doubt it, since we haven't had an announcement yet, but hopefully that means it's coming very soon.

ChadZ

Grip
Did he mention any of the features besides commentaries? Were there any comments on uncut episodes or music replacement?

Craig_Ehr

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Chris was on Ronn Owens' show on KGO AM 810 this morning (plugging his new book) and stated that the first season of 'Get A Life' is tentatively scheduled for release in February 2006 (complete with commentaries by himself). He was hoping for a release for this holiday season but a legal snafu kept that from happening. Though I would have expected an announcement by now if that February date is correct, at least it sounds like this may actually happen sooner rather than later now.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Cool. More good signs that the legal issues may have been resolved.

Let's just hope Sony doesn't cheap out on the music like they have with other shows.

Gord Lacey

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Chris was on Ronn Owens' show on KGO AM 810 this morning (plugging his new book) and stated that the first season of 'Get A Life' is tentatively scheduled for release in February 2006 (complete with commentaries by himself). He was hoping for a release for this holiday season but a legal snafu kept that from happening. Though I would have expected an announcement by now if that February date is correct, at least it sounds like this may actually happen sooner rather than later now.
I don't know where Chris is getting his info, but the people at Sony told me nothing is scheduled.

Gord

Will_B

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
And just to resurrect this thread, for the record, the complete series of Get a Life was released on DVD this year, 2012, with absolutely none of Chris Elliott's & Adam Resnick's 2005 commentary tracks (nor the featurette CE said he filmed), and without their participation in any of the extras. Who IS on the commentary tracks? Mirkin. Mirkin also introduces selected scenes, etc.
One wonders, did Mirkin stand in the way of including Chris Elliott's and Adam Resnick's commentaries? Or perhaps Chris Elliott's commentaries were recorded by Sony and Shout Factory just couldn't afford to buy them? Who knows?
Shout Factory should really say something to end the speculation. No point in resurrecting old feuds if this was just a matter of Sony and Shout Factory being at odds.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I interviewed Mirkin about the set.
http://www.asitecalledfred.com/2012/10/02/party-favors-wal-mirkin/

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I just got the idea that he was the main driving force to get the complete series out on DVD.
It doesn't bother me. At least he was able to explain why the show won't really look any better.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasievbneha