What's new

Where are the Fraggle Rock dvd's? (1 Viewer)

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm. Interesting what fans get upset about. Yes at end of episode one they dont roll credits, you just get screen of fraggle rock and next one goes on. But second ep, rolls credits for both episodes and third bonus one has credits. Dont know how many times people need to see credits, lol.
OH and I did not see any problem on 3rd episode last night, it cant be too apparent if its even there. For 7.99 this was best deal I gotten on dvd in very long time.

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any way to buy this DVD without going to walmart? I refuse to shop there.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
WOW - TVShowsOnDVD Headline Worthy News Folks...

* From GelflingWaldo at the Muppet Central Forums:

I e-mailed HIT last night, using the "contact us" link on their website. I asked them several questions about the Fraggles. When will more DVDs be released and what will they be (seasons, single episodes, what)? When will this DVD be added to their online store? I also expressed my fan-ship of the fraggles and stated I would prefer season sets, DVD extras, and DVDs geared towards hard-core Adult fans aswell as kids. About 13-hours later I got a response back. It brought some interesting news. Here is a copy of the E-mail I got. Enjoy!

----
Thank you for contacting us. HIT Entertainment is pleased to announce the release of Fraggle Rock Where It All Began on VHS/DVD. You may purchase title at Wal-Mart or call our company direct toll free at 1-877-259-7425 to order. Our web team is currently working on adding this release to our webstore.

Also, look for the Special Edition Where It All Began DVD in specialty stores this October. The special edition DVD will feature more bonuses and special features. Then look for next Fraggle Rock VHS/DVD release next Spring.

We will also pass your interest in seeing box or season sets to our Brand Team for future consideration.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.
---

I am now torn on getting the DVD now, or waiting until October for the Special Edition. Plus I can't wait until the spring when we'll get some more DVDs. I suggest E-mailing HIT if you have questions or comments. They seem to listen, and care about the input from fans. I hope to see great things from HIT with the Fraggles brand.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
And than, a bit of a let down...

"Well, I picked up the Fraggle DVD a couple of days ago and yes, Oliver, the first two episodes are merged. It seems quite apparent that HIT didn’t put too much effort into this release.

Oddly enough, I didn’t receive an insert declaring that there would be future releases in the fall. I called HIT’s 877 number to talk with someone and got several questions answered. Please keep in mind I was very polite and courteous to the person over the phone (who was not responsible for making the decisions). This is what got me the results I desired.

1. There are no current plans to release Fraggle Rock in boxed season sets.

2. HIT has seen Warrick’s online petition that has those tens of thousands of signatures. The woman I talked with looked at the site herself just yesterday. Again she makes no decisions, but at least its been seen.

3. The decisions to release Fraggle Rock is not placed entirely on the shoulders of HIT. Both HIT and Henson are in charge, and one can’t release without the permission of the other. It’s a partnership.

4. HIT does have plans to release future volumes. The catch, however, is that the DVD released this fall will be the SAME one on shelves now. What makes the new edition different is that it will be furbished with some “extras”.

I politely told the woman over the phone that this made absolutely no sense. I put in my request with her to please release the series in boxed sets. I mentioned that Fraggle Rock only has five seasons, so they could easily be put together and released over a period of just two, perhaps three years. I also put in a request with her for “Down at Fraggle Rock: Behind the Scenes” to be one of the “extras” for the fall release.

What I am going to do, and what I suggest everyone who wants boxed sets of the series released by season to do as well, is to write a short, polite formal letter to HIT. Not obnoxious phone calls, not crabby e-mails.

Things to mention:

- season sets
- Online petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/Fraggle/
- Many of the creative talent who were involved in the show have signed it, making them part of over 27,000 people who
want DVDs.
- These are only the folks who happen to look up "Fraggle Rock" online. Tens of thousands more would buy it if they
came across it in a store.

Form letters will be opened by the people in consumer relations, who can forward it on to the folks who make the decisions (of course, as long as it is an appropriately-worded letter that is polite, but firm). Online petitions and e-mails are fine, but they are still held at arms length. Having physical evidence of the demand in their hands will speak the loudest. That they cannot deny. This is the only way we, the fans, can make this happen.

The address to mail your form letters is:

HIT Entertainment
Attn: Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock)
P.O. Box 9000
Allen, Texas 75013

**Putting “Fraggle Rock” in the address will help Consumer Relations better handle the mail and file it correctly. It will also keep the brand name in their minds. That alone can speak volumes.

Phone calls are also monitored, so the more the better. If you would like to politely call them, their number is 1-877-259-7425. Having the subject of Fraggle Rock mentioned over the phone will speak volumes as well (no pun intended).

Mailing your same form letter to Henson is also a good idea. The California-based address on this site is probably the best place to mail. Again, I would put “Consumer Relations” and “Fraggle Rock” in the attention line.

Good luck!"

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
You know what, everyone just check out this thread - there's some worthwhile discussion relating to this DVD and the possibility of future releases. After reading a few more posts, I'd like to retract my "thumbs up" posted above cause I really don't think Hit! knows what it's doing with this franchise nor do they realise the poetential prospects to what they're sitting on.

One of the other forum members summed it up best:

"HIT is doing this all wrong and i don't know why. They released the DVD to one store and one store only, so I have no idea how that tests the market. Then they are releasong the same DVD with special features in October, so how does releasing the same DVD test the market? Are they testing to see how many people will buy the same thing twice? Then they don't release another DVD until Spring. What are they doing? Couldn't the Henson Company have found a better distributor?"

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showt...0&page=2&pp=15

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
On second thought, perhaps I won't buy this disc. I haven't been to my local Wal-Mart since July 20th, so I'll look today.

Off topic: http://www.hottopic.com/store/produc...=0&ITEM=729219

Poor Boober...they don't even know his name!

Back on topic:

I've sent an email to HIT, and will mail a letter today. Box Sets (or even chronological Volume sets) are the way to go. This show has a huge cult following, it's not just another "Barney" or "Thomas the Tank Engine". HIT would be better off to cater to the fans of the show, not the average parent who has never heard of it. Would you buy a show for your kid you've never seen on TV?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Hence the petition in my signature (which I hope everyone reading this thread has taken the time to sign)...

-dave :)

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I was so disappointed that Wal-Marts in Canada aren't carrying the Fraggle Rock DVD... but after reading this thread I don't even care anymore! I still want Fraggle Rock on DVD of course, but not *this* DVD. What the hell is wrong with HIT? Release season sets and make them widely available to all the fans...forget this "specialty store" crap!

Crap.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Ok now I am mad...I didn't want the stupid single disc to begin with.But I bought it to help persuade them to make season sets.Now I find out that in October they are releasing a special edition of the same disc with extras. That is so not fair!I wasted $10.00 on a dvd I didn't even want and now they are re-releasing it with extras.This makes me really angry.:angry: :angry: :angry: I refuse to buy the stupid "SE" b/c I already got screwed over and am not wasting any more money on this.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Terrific news on the forthcoming Special Edition disc from Hit, posted by a forum member at Muppet Central:

"I just got off the phone with HIT, and they said that the next release (December 21st) will be a re-issue of the same three episodes we already have, but the bonuses will be a couple of FR animated episodes, along with a FR 'album' (which is really songs on the DVD that you select and listen to on the TV). No mention what episodes or what songs, but those are the bonuses.

Also, HIT said they have received many requests for season sets and their research team is collecting data to possibly act on this excellent feedback.

So keep your fingers crossed!"

:emoji_thumbsup:

Arnold Y

Grip
It better be more widely distributed than the DVD that was recently released. It being a Wal-Mart exclusive isn't really a smart business decision on the part of HIT, seeing as many other DVD stores sell HIT's other properties on DVD.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

sounds like we should all make sure we place a strategic call into Hit and request season sets. BTW, season sets with separate "song" selections that showcase the songs in stereo (there were studio mixes of all the songs featured in the program...and the separate studio mix would be ideal...especially in PCM) would be a dream-come-true for fraggle fans like me.

Wonder if they've seen the petition? Anyway, if you call please don't mention HTF. we dont' want to sound like a "club" of enthusiasts, that will reduce the impact that we have. Sound like a normal independent *consumer*.

-dave :)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
They have stated that they are aware of the petition and it's nice to know that they're considering our feedback. I'd encourage everyone to put in a call or at the very least, send a well-written email expressing your opinions on the possibility of boxed set releases complete with opening sequences and end credits following every episode and possible bonus animated episodes featured as extras.

Also unfortunately, it seems that Hit's distribution deal is exclusive to Wal-Mart stores for the time being..

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
The address to mail your form letters is:

HIT Entertainment
Attn: Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock)
P.O. Box 9000
Allen, Texas 75013

Putting “Fraggle Rock” in the address will help Consumer Relations better handle the mail and file it correctly. It will also keep the brand name in their minds. That alone can speak volumes.

Phone calls are also monitored, so the more the better. If you would like to politely call them, their number is: 1-877-259-7425.

You can send an email directly via their website at http://www.HitEntertainment.com There should be a link to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Why not the Wal-Marts in Canada too? Dammit!

If they release season sets (which I've wanted for years) and they're only available in US Wal-Marts, and I can't even order them online somewhere... I'm going to want to hit something! (oh is *that* why they're called HIT Entertainment?)

Rodney Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Fraggle Rock was one of the best show on TV, but it's a kids TV show, why would I want to buy this now? We all may have loved watching this at some time, but why the hell would you wanna rewatch it. Maybe they could do a new fraggle rock movie in the matrix style, with trashheap being the oracle, and the old man being the inventor. They've convinced everyone there dam puppets. See how that could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks