What's new

Where are the best theatres around Newcastle UK? (1 Viewer)

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Hi everyone,

I just moved to the UK from Canada and I will be around Newcastle for Christmas and we all know what will be coming out then. So I was wondering if anyone knows where the best theatre is. All I know of is a Warner cinema and a UGC one. Are those any good?

Thanks,

Chris Dias

mark_d

Second Unit
I spent the majority of my youth up there. There is a fairly new UCI just off the Coast Road on the Silverlink industrial estate. I went there last time I was up north to see Shrek. It seemed pretty good to me. Stadium seating, nice sound. It was SDDS, too. The only SDDS showing I've seen.
Mark
ps Just checked yell.com:
Silverlink Retail Park, The Coast Road Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE28 9NG
Here's a map:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap...=568500&zoom=3
It's close to the hotel.

mark_d

Second Unit
Oh, and there's the Tyneside Cinema - Newcastle's arthouse place - if that's more your thing. It's across the road from the Odeon in the city centre - everyone will know where that is. I remember queueing for hours "around the block" with my dad and sister to see The Empire Strikes Back there (The Odeon). Ah, the memories of the good old days come flooding back...

Mark

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Thanks a lot Mark, and thanks for the map too. I think I will go check that one out. It is either that or the one at Gateshead, but I think the Silverlink one might be better.

Thanks again,

Chris Dias

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks