What's new

Where are the Anchorman reviews? (1 Viewer)

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I found an easter egg on the Best Buy disc. It's a deleted scene of Baxter's funeral. To access this, when the little pointer thing is on Today's Headlines, press the right directional button on your remote.

And also...its mindboggling how much material was shot for this movie. To have a movie, another movie entirely based on deleted scenes and subplots, deleted scenes for both movies, and more deleted/extended scenes on a BB disc...wow.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

The problem with "Wake Up, Ron Burgundy" is that it seems to be set up at the beginning to be a continuation of the actual movie, but "Wake Up" uses many of the same scenes and plot lines that were in the original film, some of which appeared in the Unrated cut of the original film. If this was supposed to be a continuation, then they have gone back in time. I mean, I know it's a film cobbled out of deleted scenes, but I was at least expecting them to jury rig some kind of new narrative if they were passing "Wake Up" as a new film and I'm thinking it is misleading passing this off as a new film when much of it consists of the same scenes as the main film with the addition of a deleted subplot. There really is no narrative that makes "Wake Up" anything more than a very long collection of deleted and extended scenes.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau

I expected one because the back of the package does say "an all new" Ron Burgandy adventure. It is definately not ALL NEW.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Anyone have a customer support number for the Dreamworks Home Video Division? I didn't get an insert with my Wake Up Ron Burgundy set and I will not let them get away with that.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yea but what are they getting away with?
were did it say anywere that a booklet was included at all?

maybe this is just an unadvertised easter egg if you will.
alittle surprise for some people who were lucky to have one in their copy.

there certainly isnt anything wrong with asking dreamworks for one but i dont see how anyone should act as if they are entitled.

Does anyone else hear some voice distortion in Anchorman right before Burgandy jumps off the diving board saying "CANNON BALL!" - it's the first part of the second chapter of the movie.

When he says "and i need EVERYBODY, to LISTEN" I hear a little voice distortion and it's driving me crazy making me thinkg i have some equipment issues but I've replicated it on some other DVD players. They all kind of suck so is anyone else hearing this or is it my equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks