What's new

Where are the Ads for “All That Jazz”? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Well fans August 19th is less that a week away and I’m not seeing any “Really Big” advertising effort on Fox’s part to push people to buy “All That Jazz” when they rush out to buy “Chicago”. When I visit the WEB sites of DVD Empire, DeepDiscountDVD, DVD Planet, and Amazon I do not see “All That Jazz” being advertised or having its Cover Art featured. My B&M of choice Best Buy is not advertising in the store that it is to be released on 8/19/03. I’ve not seen any TV promos for it, nor has my local newspaper run an ad for it. Am I mistaken or wasn’t there supposed to be a big push for this film. :rolleyes:Fox, at least in my neck of the woods, is not advertising this title as far as I can tell. I was a proponent of Fox releasing this title in R1 last year, but the DVD was pulled from its place in last year’s release queue & Fox started waiting for the "absolutely" "totally" perfect time to release it. There seems to be a school of thought that this DVD will not sell well with out the help of another related title(Chicago). IMHO "All That Jazz" does not need “Chicago” or any other title to help sell it. Either this film can stand & sell on its own merits or it can't. I sincerely believe that it will & can sell based on its own merits & does not need to be joined at the hip with "Chicago" or any other film. “All That Jazz” has its own fan base out there. I’ll be very interested on the 19th to see if there is any effort made to direct fans from the “Big Displays” of “Chicago” over to where the DVDs of “All That Jazz” are being shelved. If there is a “Big Display” set up for “All That Jazz” I’ll faint dead away from shock. :wink:

As you can tell, I'm a critic of Fox's handling of the R1 release of “All That Jazz”. I've owned a R2 PAL DVD version of the film since August 2002. :D :D

By the way, I stopped at a B&M on the way home tonight & the B&M had “All That Jazz” already on the shelf! (Breaking street date) There were 2 copies. The plastic covering had a sticker on it saying that if you loved “Chicago” then you will love “All That Jazz”.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
There's a big full-page ad in this month's Premiere magazine. It says "If you liked Bob Fosse's CHICAGO, you'll love ALL THAT JAZZ".

--Bill

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I have not looked at magazines yet & I doubt I'll page thru every page in every one. I'll have to let people tell about those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks