What's new

Where are James Cameron and Oliver Stone? (1 Viewer)

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
These two are among my favorite directors...

...but what the heck are they doing these days? Is James Cameron still on Dark Angel?

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
They are currently teaching a course at UCLA FIlm School on "The Art of Subtelty by The Director In Film"

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I too wonder what Cameron is up to. Last thing I saw was that he directed the season (series, it turned out) finale of "Dark Angel", haven't seen anything else. I'd like to know.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I heard rumors that Oliver Stone is working on another Vietnam film after he finishes his Alexander the Great film.

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
What about the rumor that James Cameron would shoot on the Space Station?! (totally crazy idea, no?)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Oliver was in Cuba earlier this year working on a documentary or something about Castro. He's finally gone off the deep end.

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Oliver was in Cuba earlier this year working on a documentary or something about Castro. He's finally gone off the deep end.
Why has he "gone off the deep end"? Give the guy a break, he's made some of the best films EVER. So what if he's "in your face"? Every summer action movie is "in your face". There are way too many closed-minded people out there these days, if you ask me.

Sorry, I just hate it when people bash Stone and don't give any good reasons as to why.

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that people should give Oliver Stone a break. His JFK, Platoon and Born on the 4th of July are masterpieces.

James Cameron also is an excellent filmaker. What is his worst movie? I guess it's Titanic.... and it was excellent.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
"They are currently teaching a course at UCLA Film School on 'The Art of Subtelty by The Director In Film.'"

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I really like Stone's body of work, and he's not always heavy-handed, but Cameron is on par with Lucas, Bruckheimer, and Bay when it comes to awful movies.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else like the DA finale? It was a breath of fresh air after an interesting but mostly craptacular season 2.

That said, hopefully it will make it onto DVD is season sets soon. And hopefully there will be a TV movie to wrap up loose threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks