What's new

Where are Hugh (Grant tiles that is)? (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I put my copy of Sirens into my Blu-ray player recently. It was windowboxed and very grainy! I think the beautiful scenery--and I'm not just talking Elle and company ;) --would really benefit from the Blu-ray treatment.

I watched "Englishman..." on one of the Showtime hi-def channels today. Made almost exactly the same time as Sirens, it looks stunning in HD!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The DVD of Sirens does not do justice to the film at all - his could look stunning on Blu. This has to be one of my favorite HG films, the whole premise, dialogue, performances and cinematography are brilliant.

Sirens and Englishman are a fitting pair IMO, they both share a similar style (especially the interludes) and of course principal actors.

Grant's period pieces are a no brainer either, and I need to get LOTWW on Blu - surely somebody can pick this up!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Four Weddings is available at Target stores, I bought one yesterday.

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
Four Weddings is exclusive to Target physical stores, not even their website has it right now. And as far as I can tell, each store only got two copies. I had to hunt on the phone for ages and then drive halfway across town to get a copy this weekend.

Universal has issued Bridget Jones as a regionless Blu in the UK. They're also issuing Notting Hill there, regionless, next week.

(For those who are interested, the UK Blu of Bridget Jones is the UK cut, with a few British-isms words that got redubbed for the Miramax US version, as well as a different postscript sequence during the end credits.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks