Where are HOU'S 'Goodbye South, Goodbye' and 'Good Men, Good Women' ??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter_C, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Peter_C

Peter_C Auditioning

I was probably one of the few people waiting in eager anticipation for these to come on DVD, but I just received notice from Amazon that they have been cancelled! Anyone know what happened? Fox Lorber massacred 'The Puppetmaster' but I still had hope for these two.. now they're not even coming out?!

2. Michael S Estes

Michael S Estes Auditioning

You weren't the only one. I also preordered in spite of the problems with Puppetmaster. I am also curious as to what happens now. Also, these discs were scheduled, delayed, and rescheduled multiple times. Is it possible that the final product was unacceptable? Maybe they turned out as bad as Puppetmaster and the cancellation was the only possible course of action, given the complaints about Puppetmaster. I would really appreciate any reliable information.

3. Bryant Frazer

Bryant Frazer Stunt Coordinator

With any luck, Criterion made 'em a deal they couldn't refuse. But I guess I'm dreamin'.
    Along the same lines, has anybody heard anything about Wong's In the Mood For Love, which has inexplicably never been scheduled for DVD by USA Films?
    -bf-
    ------------------
    Bryant Frazer
    Deep Focus
    www.deep-focus.com

4. Pascal A

Pascal A Second Unit

Amazon has not cancelled my pre-orders yet, but the DVDs have been removed from the database, and they also disappeared from DVDPlanet after seeing them there last week. Our guess on another forum is that they are cancelled, but no official word yet.
    Edited: Ugh! [​IMG] Spoke too soon. I just checked my email, and mine were also cancelled. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Strictly Film School
    [Edited last by Pascal A on October 25, 2001 at 09:10 AM]