What's new

Where are all of the judges? (1 Viewer)

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator
Where are all of the other judges on Ally McBeal?

Is the guy they have the only one that'll work for them anymore?

I do believe that this show should be axed soon or at the very least, threatened to be axed. Maybe that would force David Kelley to realize that his fantasy writing is really pissing most people off.

Brian G.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
The "show me your teeth" guy died, I believe.

Another judge was Dyan Cannon, who I presume isn't doing that part anymore (I think she's on that 'Three Sisters' sitcom, if it's still on the air).

A show's ratings is the one and only reason why it ever gets cancelled or stays on the air. The talent having creative differences with the writer/creator (and I think you're making a big assumption by suggesting that they are) are not high on a network's interest list. I seriously doubt that Ally McBeal (or any other show on television) is having trouble finding actors to cast.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The ratings are down, and changes are promised shortly. I believe that last Monday's (1/14) episode was the first one in the history of the series that didn't credit Kelley as a writer.
M.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Maybe that would force David Kelley to realize that his fantasy writing is really pissing most people off.
If "fantasy writing" is pissing you off, then why are you watching this show?? "Ally McBeal" has ALWAYS been about flights of fancy, dreams & fantasy, music & romance. Is the show in its fifth year as good or fresh as it once was? No (and indeed, perhaps Kelley should consider pulling the plug). But it has remained true to its original premise.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Craig makes a good point. Say what you will, but it's always been a quirky show, with Ally freely having hallucinations and no one else finding that particularly unusual. So, "fantasy" has always played a big part in the show.

That's about the only thing distinguishing it from all of the other lawyer shows on television.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they all got daytime TV shows. Seems like anyone that's ever swung a gavel has one nowadays.

MikeAW

Second Unit
I never understood "Ally McBeal"...to me it's like watching "Oprah" and that Feeling Guy.

Too much estrogen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks