Where are all of the judges?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Glaeske, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Brian Glaeske

Brian Glaeske Stunt Coordinator

Where are all of the other judges on Ally McBeal?

Is the guy they have the only one that'll work for them anymore?

I do believe that this show should be axed soon or at the very least, threatened to be axed. Maybe that would force David Kelley to realize that his fantasy writing is really pissing most people off.

Brian G.

2. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

The "show me your teeth" guy died, I believe.

Another judge was Dyan Cannon, who I presume isn't doing that part anymore (I think she's on that 'Three Sisters' sitcom, if it's still on the air).

A show's ratings is the one and only reason why it ever gets cancelled or stays on the air. The talent having creative differences with the writer/creator (and I think you're making a big assumption by suggesting that they are) are not high on a network's interest list. I seriously doubt that Ally McBeal (or any other show on television) is having trouble finding actors to cast.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

The ratings are down, and changes are promised shortly. I believe that last Monday's (1/14) episode was the first one in the history of the series that didn't credit Kelley as a writer.
    M.

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor

5. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Craig makes a good point. Say what you will, but it's always been a quirky show, with Ally freely having hallucinations and no one else finding that particularly unusual. So, "fantasy" has always played a big part in the show.

That's about the only thing distinguishing it from all of the other lawyer shows on television.

6. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Maybe they all got daytime TV shows. Seems like anyone that's ever swung a gavel has one nowadays.

7. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

I never understood "Ally McBeal"...to me it's like watching "Oprah" and that Feeling Guy.

Too much estrogen.