What's new

When youve got it, flaunt it baby! - The Producers coming in December! (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Thanks to Bill Hunt at The Digital Bits Rumor Mill, The Producers (Special Edition) is finally coming to DVD - I guess I'll have to retire my Criterion LD (no PCM audio!)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
so is there going to be a commentary by Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder and cast plus extensive interviews from a by gone age.
How about some footage of the film and the play
:D

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I'm hysterical! I'm having hysterics. I'm hysterical. I can't stop when I get like this. I can't stop. I'm hysterical. Oh my god. Ah-la-la-la.
[Forum Moderator throws a bucket of water on Ken]
I'm wet. I'm wet. I'm hysterical and I'm wet. I'm in pain and I'm wet and I'm still hysterical!

Regards,

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Too early to tell what the specs are going to be - I'm sure Bill & co. will know more soon enough! A commentary from Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder, Dick Shawn and Kenneth Mars would be ideal (Christopher Hewett passed away last year).

Criterion only had a theatrical trailer as bonus material when they created their laserdisc.

The film was shot full frame and matted theatrically for 1.85:1 so we can probably expect another anamorphic transfer from MGM.

"You are ze audience...I am ze author! I outrank you!"

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Dick Shawn passed away quite some time ago.

Anyway, I can't wait for this disc to come out. I'm gonna be rich! Max Bialystock sold me 100% of the DVD distribution profits!

:b

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Is 20th Century Fox going to jump on the bandwagon as well and release Silent Movie, etc.?

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
hmm...I started the thread after trying a search - nothing came up!

Note to the Mods - a merge, maybe?

"Will the dancing Hitlers please wait in the wings - we are only seeing singing Hitlers..."

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I will get this fantastic film to be sure, but I also would like a DVD of the original cast Broadway musical.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
"Shut up! I'm having a rhetorical conversation with myself!"

"I fell on my keys."

"I'm sorry I caught you with the old lady."

"Come in, Mr. Tact."

"I have to - I'm the landlord."

"He's wearing a dress."

I can't wait for this one - thanks in advance, MGM!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks