When your HT is done...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Hayes, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

do you feel a little let down? Don't get me wrong, I also feel acomplishment but I wish I could do more. I have gone as far as I can with what Ive got, and it is great to sit back and enjoy the movies but I have found that I enjoy puting the system and room together almost more than watching the movies. I think it is time to get a larger place so I can start over again.
    Am I alone on this or does anyone else feel this way? What do you do when you've still got the bug to build? I've got all the gear I need, the furniture is ordered, and Ive done what I can with the room (apartment dwelling sucks sometimes). Maybe I'll try to install bass shakers.
    Anyway, anyone got some thoughts on this?
    ------------------
    The trick to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

2. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

I'm about to start on my first dedicated HT. It will be nice, but not nearly as extravagant as some that I've seen here (I'm limited to a $6,000-$7,000 budget for this project).
    If you still have the bug to build, come on over...oh, bring some money. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    John
    http://www.twowiresthin.com

3. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

It's funny you say that; a friend of mine just bought a house with a room set up for HT. The wiring is already in the walls, even has a retractible platform for a projector. He knows next to nothing about HT so he and I are going to put something together. I cant wait, hes got more money than God so it should be interesting.
    Actually we are probably in way over our heads but he knows I would like to get into this busness and he doesnt mind giving me the opportunity so we shall see what happens. We are fortunate do to the fact that there are a few high end shops around here and we are pretty close to NYC. He's got a pretty high budget for this too.
    Now that I typed this out and reread it I'm a little scared!
    [​IMG] But I made sure he knew where I was coming from and he doesnt mind( says youve got to start somewhere) so off I go
    ------------------
    The trick to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
    [Edited last by Scott Hayes on October 06, 2001 at 09:27 AM]

4. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

5. Jens Raethel

Jens Raethel Second Unit

Jens
  6. wally

wally Second Unit

Any chance for some pictures Raju? Would love to see what $3000 can do since that would be about my budget now.
    Congrats and enjoy!