When you go out to call your cat, do you...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Garrison, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

Call her/him with a high pitch voice?

or do you

Call her/him with your normal pitch voice?

I use my highpitch voice because it seems to travel farther. I am a man, yes, but I am capable of screaming like a girl. When I was in 6th grade, one kid got out of the GOOD seat in the computer lab. So, I took it. They came back. "HEY! Get outta there!" I wouldn't move. So, he and his friend tried to force me outta that chair. I let out an EAR-Drum Piercing SCREAM. And they backed off and covered their ears immediatly. They were jerks anyway. Also, during my Freshman or Sophomore year when I was taking my PE class, which I hated, we were playing a game of soccor, which I also hate because it's the sport where most of the fights break out for some stupid reason. Anyway, I had the ball, and ONE of the girls came running towards me letting out a loud scream, and you know what? I screamed BACK AT HER! She and I fell to floor laughing our asses off. It was so funny. She still couldn't get over it the whole time I was in High School. Anyway, I use the high pitch voice when calling my cat because it travels farther. OH, and a duck's quack DOES reverberate and echo. I dunno WHO brought that up. I heard a duck quacking last night when I was calling my cat. YES, it did reverberate and echo. So, YES, a ducks' QUACK DOES echo.

2. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

I wish our cat went outside. Then there would be a chance that she wouldn't come back!
    [​IMG]

3. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Well now that's not a very nice thing to say.[​IMG]

4. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

5. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

That you shouldn't say not nice things about cats, especially your own.[​IMG]

6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I think cats just wait until you use the most embarassing voice imaginable, then come home. Then, thinking this is the voice they'll always respond to, you continue to use this voice and make a fool of yourself on a regular basis while all the other cats and neighbors laugh at you.

7. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

My current cat won't come in unless she's damn well good and ready to, then she'll rattle the screen and meow pitifully until admitted. No amount of calling is effective in attracting her attention, nor does she respond in any way to her name.

My previous cat made a game of jumping on the roof and pretending to need rescuing when I wanted her to come in for the night.

8. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

My cats are only allowed out when I am at home and before dark, when I initially start calling them to come in, it's in baby talk, but after a long enough time it goes past "normal" pitch, get your a$$ in this house right now!

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

What good does calling a cat do?

10. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I call in a little bit of a mickey mouse voice to call my cat. She responds better.

11. Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan Screenwriter

What the heck is this thread doing here? Incidentally, was the original poster partaking of any psychotropic substances when he posted this thread [​IMG]?

12. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

I'm sorry. For that I'm mentally retarded and I have nothing better to do.

I'm joking BTW. Just was curious. Around here, neighbors are 1/4 - 1/2 a mile apart, so when my cat decides to be a stubborn little bitch, I scream as high and loud as I can go at certain times. "PUSS PUSS! KITTY KITTY KITTY!!!" Usually she'll come on the first few calls. But lately, she's been wanting to stay out later and won't come when I call her until late at night. I only scream it as loud as I can when I'm very frustrated. I want my cat in every night so I know she's safe.

13. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

That's very wise of you to let her in at night, Ken. There are so many irresponsible pet owners, especially those who are owned by cats. Cats are unique yet very often misunderstood domesticated animals, easy prey for cruel, ignorant people and other hazards outdoors.

I will get off my soap box now.

I think it's a cool post, this is a Polls Forum, no different than asking what your favorite restaurant, etc. is, so pay no mind to those who don't care for it.