What's new

Pre-Order When Worlds Collide (1951) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
515v1p2IZFL.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
It is really too bad that the sequel was never made. The book is called “After Worlds Collide”, and it is a much more interesting story about what happened to the settlers on the new planet where they find an extinct but very far advanced civilization. Cold War problems with people from other countries who also escaped continue however.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It is really too bad that the sequel was never made. The book is called “After Worlds Collide”, and it is a much more interesting story about what happened to the settlers on the new planet where they find an extinct but very far advanced civilization. Cold War problems with people from other countries who also escaped continue however.
Was “After” as white as the movie?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
They're killing us on those prices. Will have to wait for a review before even thinking about purchasing.
Absolutely! I really like the movie and would love to add the BR to my collection but at the current price my DVD looks good enough. For that matter I might be hard pressed to justify $20 for this one in spite of liking it quite a bit. Reviews would certainly help the decision.

The other titles from Imprint on Amazon are in the $30 range so I wonder if this one will drop as well.

I really wish these SF/Fantasy titles from Imprint would receive US releases to avoid the extra expense of imports.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I ended up ordering from JBHifi for under $27.

Hopefully, since is being offered through US retailers, if enough offer it, the price may come down.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Sorry, when I read this 1950’s novel in the 1960’s, I never even thought of something like that!
And neither did growing up in the 50’s. I’ve since read the novels have racist reputation and when you look at the survivors in the spaceship it’s all white.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I had an Ace double paperback of "When World Collide" & "After Worlds Collide" when I was eleven. I thought it was a real page turner, especially the sequel. Compared with the book, I found the movie fairly underwhelming. It was slow, stiff and humorless, and many of the characters that made the book so fascinating, had either been eliminated or made two dimensional. Loved the special effects at the end, though. They were super-impressive, and the Technicolor was also beautiful. Production wise, it was top-shelf all the way. I remember thinking it was one of those movies where all you really needed to see was the last twenty minutes. Because I saw this when I was young, the film has about it a glow of nostalgia, but once I actually begin to remember the details, it's more problematic.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Even when I first saw this, more than 50 years ago, I thought it odd that every single person chosen for survival was white. The film is very beautiful in its Chesley Bonestell moments. But it would have gone down a treat in Nazi Germany. And in the Deep South.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks