What's new

When will we see X-Men 3 or any of the X-Men movie in HD? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Has there been any news when we might see any of the three X-Men movies available in HD? These are three movies I would personally love to see available in ether HD-DVD and or Bluray. I would especially love to see a lossless surround format like DTS-HD or at least Dolby True HD used with these movies.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I can also see them doing the same thing to this release as they did with the first X-Men title. It looks as if X-Men 3 will not have a DTS track unless you have a region free player and buy the dvd from Europe. I own the first two X-Men with DTS tracks and I am not to happy that X3 will not include a DTS track on SD-DVD. I am also having trouble finding information regaurding any actuall HD release of X-Men 3. Do you have a link for info on X-Men 3 coming out in HD?

MarekM

Supporting Actor

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...freleases.html

Twentieth Century Fox
TBA (promoted as "coming soon" at Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA) September 2006 in Germany) - Alien vs. Predator, The Day After Tomorrow, ID4: Independence Day, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Moulin Rouge, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

I would love to see more information on those titles like will they include a Dolby True HD or DTS-HD Master Audio track? I would love to own ID4, Master and Commander and X Men Trilogy with a DTS-HD or at least a Dolby True HD track, that would be awsum. :D

Mmmmmm 1080p video and Lossless Sound :cool:

MarekM

Supporting Actor

they were only announced, no mention if it will be worlwide, that means in all 3 regions A, B, C or only in region A (US&Japan)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This will be one of Blu-ray's show off releases so I expect to hear something about this title coming on BRD in Region 1 during the next couple of months.

Crawdaddy

Dave>h

Second Unit

The SD DVD does include a DTS ES (6.1) audio track for Region 1. I was surprised by this as it was not indicated on the box (or at least I did not see it when I was looking to buy it). But rest assured, there is a DTS track on the SD DVD version releasing next week. And the track is excellent.

I did a small review in the HT software - movee section if you are interested.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks