When will we see Sci-Fi Channel's recent miniseries "The Lost Room"?

ChrisCook

Screenwriter
I don't know if it's NBC Universal or Lionsgate who owns the DVD rights, but anyone have an idea when we might see the Sci-Fi Channel's latest mini-series, "The Lost Room" starring Peter Krause?

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoyed this miniseries. I wrote an email to Sci-Fi after the first night asking if there would be a DVD release. They haven't wrote back as of yet.

There is a promotional DVD of the entire series on Ebay that comes with a press kit and a key. Looking back, it was going for around $20 before the series aired. Of course now, it is going at a much, much higher rate. I wish I had snagged one before.

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator
These days, you never know.

VH1 was promoting the DVD release of the TV movie 'Totally Awesome' before they had even aired the thing.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Don't you guys know anything? They never EVER release a mini series to DVD when it has just been broadcast on television, especially if it has just been broadcast as a first run event. Expect to wait at least 6 months to a year.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I'm pretty confident that it will end up on DVD. I would guess that it may be in the neighborhood of one year from airing. Be patient and it will eventually show up on DVD.

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator

No! Thank god we have you to guide us through this crazy, confusing, mixed-up world.

I'm not expecting an immediate release. I was just curious if there was an announcement of some sort.

I just read that the ratings were pretty disappointing. I don't know if that will slow or hasten a DVD release.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
That's too bad about the ratings. I'm 2/3 of the way through it and it seems like a pretty decent mini. I would have thought more people would have been interested in watching it.

ChrisCook

Screenwriter
Any reviews yet for next week's release? For those who may have it early, is it exactly what was aired on Sci-Fi?

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
I pre-ordered 1 week ago, amazon has this dead cheap.
Was this series concluded? or cancelled thus leaving the fans hanging ?

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

"The Lost Room" was left open ended and it was designed to set up a possible series (similar to "The 4400"). Unlike "The 4400", it looks we'll have to settle for the way this mini-series ended and I doubt Sci-Fi has any interest because of the ratings that came in for it. It's also not likely as Peter Krause has been signed on for ABC's Fall pilot, "Dirty Sexy Money" (if it goes to series).

I would've loved to see this continue.

ChrisCook

Screenwriter
I read the video transfer has interlacing problems. I don't have the DVD yet from Amazon, so I can't check it on my notebook. Has anyone run into this while watching their DVD? There's also some issue with the "Play All".

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I'm watching it now, and there is indeed a problem with the "play-all" option -- instead of playing the episodes, it plays the ads that come up when you put the disc in and they cycles back to the menu.

On top of that, my disc is full-screen! I wouldn't mind since, IIRC, SciFi aired it full screen, but they appear to have just zoomed in on the center of the frame so there are scenes where peoples' faces get cut off.

ChrisCook

Screenwriter
That's what I have read about the "Play All" option.

I remember Sci-Fi airing "The Lost Room" in widescreen, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. The DVD is supposed to be in anamorphic widescreen. I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't. I wonder how likely a disc replacement program from Lionsgate for "The Lost Room" would be.

This has been selling a lot of copies online I've noticed.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Well I found that my DVD is indeed widescreen, but for some reason it was forcing my DVD player to zoom so the image displayed as fullscreen. A truly screwed up disc.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
The discs I netflixed kept starting with the English subtitles automatically on. Easy enough to shut off, but definitely a strange disc. Although in a way that kind of fits with the series.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaywess