What's new

When will we see MacGyver's two made-for-TV movies? (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
Is there any word yet from CBS when we'll likely see "MacGyver: Lost Treasure of Atlantis" and "MacGyver: Trail to Doomsday"? I would also hope that Richard Dean Anderson's short-lived UPN series "Legend" would follow.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Being a long-time viewer of the original MacGyver series in the late 1980s and early 90s, I looked forward to the two TV movie sequels in 1994. Unfortunately, they paled in comparison even with Richard Dean Anderson returning to the role that made him in a star. The scripts seems kind of rushed and the direction was flat.

But if you've already purchased the series on DVD, then I don't blame you for wanting to complete your collection. Eventually I'll probably buy them all too. :)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
it'd be nice to see the 'young macgyver' pilot released too. then it'd all be out there, no matter how good or bad (some of the earlier seasons, definitely good; the YM pilot, definitely bad!)

Esten

Supporting Actor
They could make it a double-feature disc, because I doubt I'd pay $20 for Lost Treasure Of Atlantis. ;)

The Young MacGyver pilot was pretty good, actually. Those clips that have popped up on a certain site only comprise about 1/3 of it.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
There is really no excuse for Paramount not putting these on the final season set. I mean first off the season is short and we have not gotten any extras in the entire run. This would have been a nice thing to do sticking them on there. Who knows if they will see a release or not now. I hope so but i won't hold my breath.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm resurrecting this thread because I just today got the review copy of these two MacGyver made-for-TV films. Look for a review soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks