What's new

When will we see a *REMASTERED* reissue of THE LONGEST DAY? (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have a Sony 4K tv so can somebody please tell me how I can watch iTunes on it? I do have a iPhone & iPad but want to watch movies on my tv.
The best way would be to purchase an Apple TV 4K streaming box, which would give you 4K streaming capabilities to your Sony 4K display. You could also buy an HDMI output cable/adapter for your iPad and connect that to your display, but I am not sure if you would get 4K (someone else will have to answer that one).

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The best way would be to purchase an Apple TV 4K streaming box, which would give you 4K streaming capabilities to your Sony 4K display. You could also buy an HDMI output cable/adapter for your iPad and connect that to your display, but I am not sure if you would get 4K (someone else will have to answer that one).
Thanks Scott for the info. Was looking at the Apple TV 4K 32GB streaming box.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks Scott for the info. Was looking at the Apple TV 4K 32GB streaming box.
The 32GB version should be all you need, Angelo. The 64GB version is a waste of $20 if you are planning on using the device just for streaming.Don't forget to buy a certified premium high speed 18Gbps HDMI cable to connect the device to your display or receiver, too. Monoprice makes very affordable (under $10) cables, which you can get either through their website or Amazon -- if you are a Prime member, it's a little cheaper there due to the free shipping.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The 32GB version should be all you need, Angelo. The 64GB version is a waste of $20 if you are planning on using the device just for streaming.Don't forget to buy a certified premium high speed 18Gbps HDMI cable to connect the device to your display or receiver, too. Monoprice makes very affordable (under $10) cables, which you can get either through their website or Amazon -- if you are a Prime member, it's a little cheaper there due to the free shipping.
Have read about having good HDMI cables when I bought my 4K tv. I did buy the best premium high speed ones and not one issue so far with my equipment or tv.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Watched this last night. What a fabulous film! But wow, the subpar blue screen effects really stand out with the high def image

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
o.
Where can I find the D-Day movie with Scarlett Johansson and Angelina Jolie parachuting in and saving us all from the Nazis. Sound terrific. I'll buy on Day One.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
If Fox/Disney can't recognise D-Day's 75th anniversary, I could and rescreened the film.
Yes there is too much "botoxing" which was the major moan when this was released but as Jim says,it has the worst rear/blue screen I can recall seeing on any disc.
A fine film that deserves much better.

Spili

Agent
Real Name
Marco
Well, I guess the chances are even more slim now with the whole Disney annexing/acquisition...

It's a shame none of the indie labels like Criterion, Twilight Time, Olive, Kino, or even Arrow thought about licensing/releasing it in recent years -- as Fox *did* do a new 4K DCP sometime around 2016, and in turn looks absolutely stunningly phenomenal. Quite literally plows the field with the old BD, with its boosted/blown out contrast and ungodly amounts of DNR, but instead looks like legitimate film now -- on par if not better than their Patton remaster.

It was available for streaming on Netflix a few years ago, and someone was gracious enough to post some screenshots (albiet resized) that can give you an overall idea of the quality/transfer with all its glorious HF detail intact.

am5rysY.png

6G40WGO.png

z8uBhOC.png

It's somewhat of a monumental tragedy no one re-issued this on disc, as I can only imagine what it would look like viewed on a large-scale display.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks