What's new

When will we EVER see the rest of Baywatch on DVD? (1 Viewer)

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
This is really ridiculous.An iconic T&A beach action-adventure show, that went on to become the #1 show in the world throughout the 1990's only got 3 of the 10 syndicated seasons released on DVD in North America. The show and its spinoffs was completely released on DVD in Europe complete with original aired music, but we only got 3 seasons with edited music? BS!!! I demand that the remaining 7 seasons and the spinoffs get released here ASAP!!!! Since First Look Media closed its doors few years ago, I hope either Shout! Factory or Mill Creek licences the rights to this show, becuz its in dire need of a complete proper entire series release.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I would only pick up Baywatch if it was released as a region 1 complete series dvd set.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I bought the three volumes of this show. I then waited, and waited, and waited for the next volume came out. I finally gave up and bought the remainder of this series from one of those "Trading Sites" I'd still like to see the entire series come out officially, and introduce the 'boots to "My Little Friend", Mr. B.F.Hammerr! :laugh:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
DisneySwan1990 said:
This is really ridiculous.An iconic T&A beach action-adventure show, that went on to become the #1 show in the world throughout the 1990's only got 3 of the 10 syndicated seasons released on DVD in North America. The show and its spinoffs was completely released on DVD in Europe complete with original aired music, but we only got 3 seasons with edited music? BS!!!I demand that the remaining 7 seasons and the spinoffs get released here ASAP!!!! Since First Look Media closed its doors few years ago, I hope either Shout! Factory or Mill Creek licences the rights to this show, becuz its in dire need of a complete proper entire series release.
You demand? I don't think you're going to get very far. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar as the old saying goes.

The facts of life are that Europe is much less problematic when it comes to licensing fees on music. That's why Bear Family can release huge box sets of American country and rock 'n' roll artists without blinking an eye.

As many have pointed out before, if the market is there it will be released. If it were selling like hotcakes someone would have licensed it by now. Perhaps Time-Life could do it? Coming on here and "demanding" it be released isn't going to get the axle greased.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"The facts of life are that Europe is much less problematic when it comes to licensing fees on music."Are you saying this is the main reason why the series like Baywatch is released in Europe but not in the U.S.? Just wondering.Baywatch was actually quite popular in Europe. The Hoff is still a minor "star" in Germany etc. Europe has always been good place for him.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Jari K said:
"The facts of life are that Europe is much less problematic when it comes to licensing fees on music."Are you saying this is the main reason why the series like Baywatch is released in Europe but not in the U.S.? Just wondering.Baywatch was actually quite popular in Europe. The Hoff is still a minor "star" in Germany etc. Europe has always been good place for him.
I'm sure that is a part of it, yes. It may not be the only reason obviously but it probably is a deciding factor.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi ron,

i have purchased over 100 bear box sets and probably 200 singles.

fyi, bear licenses are for a certain number of boxes.

once sold, they need to get a new license.

i have seen sets go oop for over 5 years, and then they start making them again (johnny and jack comes to mind foremost)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks