What's new

When will Toy Story 1&2 be available again? (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
My nephew has worn out his VHS copies and my sister-in-law is now looking for the DVDs.

Aside from Ebay and the like, used copies are non-existent.

Rather than buy a used copy blind at higher than new prices, she would rather wait for a reissue.

Anybody know when Toy Story 1&2 be available again?

KyleG

Stunt Coordinator
You can still find them at places like Borders, Best Buy, etc. Just call around and ask. I think there are some copies at the Borders where I work. From a DVD fan's standpoint, however, you shouldn't buy any version BUT the Ultimate Toy Box 3-disc set. I was lucky enough to buy mine at the 11th hour before it went out of print. Now it's going for twice as much as I paid for it.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I scored a used copy of the two-disc combo set for myself, but would grab the UTB version if I found one.

Will check Borders.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
What the hoogla moogla is up with Disney for their bullmonkey maratorium stuff?! Unacceptable!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Well, I have "mint" once-viewed copies of TS 1&2 I could sell/trade. Replaced by the UTB. Are there really not that many used copies for sale? I saw new copies around here recently, so didn't think there'd be any demand. I should really get more involved in the software sell/trade forum...

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Craig,

I am an avid searcher for the UTB, and I've fallen flat on my face about a dozen times trying to get it in the past couple months; it's definately tough.

Bryan

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Bryan, I may have been unclear, but I have not seen new copies of the UTB around here, just TS 1&2. You know, when the UTB was going OOP, it was on sale at the local Best Buy for Cdn$25, about US$18 at the time, very cheap for 3 discs by any standard, never mind 3 good discs...wish I had bought one then! Didn't really know what the extra content was, and already had 1 & 2. Got one later that was hiding at a local store, much more expensive and really dirty shrinkwrap, but the contents were perfect.

Charlie B. Ch.

Stunt Coordinator
I gave up looking for an UTB and bought a region 3 Korean 1+2 pack last month. Couldn't justify paying $100 on eBay for an UTB. I can defer watching the extras until UTB is re-released again, hopefully, in HD-DVD format.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
Will the recent Disney and Pixar split affect the DVD rerelease of these movies?

DanFe

Second Unit
All this points to is the fact that people have got to get these titles when they are available and not trust Disney to keep stock around. Their moratorium policy has been around for about 15 or more years. I guess you live and learn.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Thankfully, I did the exact same thing (Best Buy on the day it was released). It's a real shame that Disney operates this way, though. It's a shame for the consumer, anyway, but perhaps it really is more profitable for Disney, although I find that somewhat difficult to believe as well.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
Thanks Kyle. The scary thing is that Disney is thinking of doing Toy Story 3 with or without Pixar participation.

I don't understand why Disney creates a secondary market for their DVDs especially for their Walt Disney Treasures and Platinum lines.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Anyone know if Disney has made a public statement justifying the rotten 'Disney Vault' policy? Eh, probably wouldn't sound good enough for anyone anyway!:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks