What's new

When will the Denon 3803 be out? And what improvements will there be? (1 Viewer)

ChaseHanna

Stunt Coordinator
Right now Im debating on whether or not to purchase a Denon 3802 or wait and get the new 3803 when it comes out. Does anyone know when it will be out? Also, any idea what differences there will be? Thanks

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator
First let me welcome myself to the board. And now without further ado my first post....
2-3 weeks ago I called Denon to ask them that same question.
Typical corporate response about not having any info on it until it officially is released. He did state that 3801 & 3802 both came out in or around August. So it looks like that is a tentative release date.
He did imply that now they are able to use the DTS ES or DD EX logo and in the past they weren't. From what I gathered it didn't really matter too much because the reciever already had that processing it was just not labeled as such. Something along those lines.
Pricing he said would probably be similar to the original price of the 3802. He said probably in the 1,300-1,500 range.
As a side-bar I did ask him a little about speakers and along with recommending Mission (which they partnered with) he did stated that Def Tech sound great and are extremely popular with a lot of Denon owners. (as if we didn't know that already ;) )
HTH
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks