What's new

When will The Bride Of Frankenstein hit Blu Ray? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Is this old news?: http://collider.com/kill-a-mockingbird-frankenstein-jaws-movie-restorations-universal-100th-anniversary/136744/

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
Is this old news?: http://collider.com/kill-a-mockingbird-frankenstein-jaws-movie-restorations-universal-100th-anniversary/136744/
It's being discussed in this thread starting here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/316229/universal-to-celebrate-100-years-in-2012/120#post_3886108

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
TravisR said:
Really that's no different than the bulk of kids of the 1950's who would have had no interest in silents from the 1920's though.
That says more about the quality of the viewers than the quality of the films they're not watching. Ignorance is ignorance.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
eric scott richard said:
The Wolf Man has always looked pretty good, so it probably doesn't need as much work as the other titles. The last dvd version looked really good.
The Wolf Man is in HD on Neflix. Looks spectacular! Doug

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I wish they could release the Universal Horror Series in sets rather than individually, but I guess the cost of authoring and restoring for Blu-Ray may not be commercial. And seeing that Universal starting combining the monsters in the 40s, it would be hard to have continuity in a set. Since these films have rather short running times, I am sure they could do 2 or 3 features per Blu-Ray disc and include any extras. So, here are my dream sets: Classic Frankenstein (2 discs): FRANKENSTEIN THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN SON OF FRANKENSTEIN THE GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN Classic Wolf Man (2 discs): THE WOLF MAN FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN HOUSE OF DRACULA Classic Dracula (2 discs): DRACULA DRACULA (Spanish) DRACULA's DAUGHTER SON OF DRACULA ***I know Dracula appears in the two House films, but the continuity from the earlier films is not really that important---storywise. Classic Mummy (2 discs): [First two on Disc One, Last three on Disc Two] THE MUMMY THE MUMMY'S HAND THE MUMMY'S TOMB THE MUMMY'S GHOST THE MUMMY'S CURSE Classic Invisble Man (2 Discs) [First two on Disc One, Last three on Disc Two] THE INVISIBLE MAN THE INVISIBLE MAN RETURNS THE INVISIBLE WOMAN THE INVISIBLE AGENT THE INVISIBLE MAN's REVENGE Abbott and Costello meet the Monsters (2 discs) (2+3 films) ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET THE KILLER ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET THE INVISIBLE MAN ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET DR. JEKYLL & MR. HYDE ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET THE MUMMY (although personally, I would rather prefer teaming MEET FRANKENSTEIN with things like WHO DONE IT?, THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES, and HOLD THAT GHOST)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks