What's new

When will Paramount wake up (re:All trek)??.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
With Enterprise losing 40% of its viewers from last year and Nemesis getting negative reviews. You have to wonder when Paramount will wake up and get rid of Berman & Braga? They seem to be doing something that I thought would never happen...They are getting the serious Trek fans apathetic about both the show and the movies. Maybe, it is time to bring in someone new to run the franchise before it is beyond repair.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, that was part of the idea with Nemesis - bringing in John Logan and Stuart Baird as outside creators. I guess Berman is really good at politics.

And Paramount must be weighing the risk/reward thing. Sure, things are declining with B&B in charge, but it's a steady decline. If you shake the franchise up, put John Shiban or Jane Espenson in charge (to throw out my two favorite names for the job) and they make big changes and it's a disaster - well, you've just killed the goose that laid the golden eggs. So nobody rocks the boat, and they just hope things will get better until they need to make a change - and then hopefully just an incremental one.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ah, isn't it at the point of needing to make that change?

I consider myself a Trek Hardcore fan, and I just can't make it a need to watch Enterprise. I do watch it, but I don't go out of my way to watch it, like I did for TNG, and DSP. I did not line up for hours, like I did, for tickets to see Nemesis. I will go see it, but there is not the big rush to.

Enterprise showed promise, even with the necessary changes to reflect some of the technology that has exceeded what TOS thought was possible in a couple of hundred years. Now, I feel it is just flat. They need to get tension, and start the Earth-Romulan War, with out breaking continuity, run, say a season of that. Show just how desperate Earth was near the end. Continuity wise, it is gernaly accepted that the Romulans pushed humans back to with in the solar system.

The next major plot would be the building of the Federation, take a season, or two. Show the various member races help each other, not just defend each other, but offer genuine help Do it right.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Enterprise showed promise, even with the necessary changes to reflect some of the technology that has exceeded what TOS thought was possible in a couple of hundred years. Now, I feel it is just flat. They need to get tension, and start the Earth-Romulan War, with out breaking continuity, run, say a season of that. Show just how desperate Earth was near the end. Continuity wise, it is gernaly accepted that the Romulans pushed humans back to with in the solar system.
Amen, brother! You've just laid down about a dozen major plot points that could be explored, and with that about 2 season's worth of episode ideas/ story arcs..

Why is it so hard for these "Trek Gods" (B&B) to put together one good episode? Let alone one good plot point or story arc?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks