What's new

when will next model mitsubishi's and Pioneer Elites be out? (1 Viewer)

Larry Hilliard

Auditioning
I realize the new mitsubishi's just came out in march;however, I heard they come out twice a year. I' like everything on the Mits. Diamond series; however I would prefer the 65" and the 55" have 9"crt rather than the 7". I love the new pioneer elite's. They have the best pictures I've seen but I would like to see the new models with an atsc tuner and 9"crt. and both brands with a better line doubler for watching cable ntsc stuff. I know the minute I buy an hdtv that the improved models will be out. One dealer told me the mitsubishi's only come out once a year and the new ones just came out so wait another year.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
however I would prefer the 65" and the 55" have 9"crt rather than the 7".
Will the next gen 55" and 65" Mits PRTV's have the 9" CRT's? Unless you've heard rumors that they will, I doubt that will happen - they've been using the 7" ones for several years now. Proud owner of a 55857 - I'd say make the leap. I'd almost recommend getting a year old one and paying for a great calibration - I haven't seen anything in a couple of years that I think makes a difference.

Bruce White

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
Go to Mitsubishi TV and click on Newsroom to see their press release dated April 2002. This announces new models. There are 3 press releases, the third of which gives some details about model numbers and MSRPs. I didn't see any dates given as to availability, though.
Bruce

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Hmm - no mention of the CRT size on the detailed product info press release.

I did see that the Platinum & better lines all come with integrated HDTV receivers. For all of us who use DirecTV - why would you want an internal receiver? An outboard one that OTA & DirecTV seems like a better solution...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks