when will next model mitsubishi's and Pioneer Elites be out?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Hilliard, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Larry Hilliard

Larry Hilliard Auditioning

I realize the new mitsubishi's just came out in march;however, I heard they come out twice a year. I' like everything on the Mits. Diamond series; however I would prefer the 65" and the 55" have 9"crt rather than the 7". I love the new pioneer elite's. They have the best pictures I've seen but I would like to see the new models with an atsc tuner and 9"crt. and both brands with a better line doubler for watching cable ntsc stuff. I know the minute I buy an hdtv that the improved models will be out. One dealer told me the mitsubishi's only come out once a year and the new ones just came out so wait another year.

2. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

3. Bruce White

Bruce White Stunt Coordinator

Go to Mitsubishi TV and click on Newsroom to see their press release dated April 2002. This announces new models. There are 3 press releases, the third of which gives some details about model numbers and MSRPs. I didn't see any dates given as to availability, though.
    Bruce

4. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

Hmm - no mention of the CRT size on the detailed product info press release.

I did see that the Platinum & better lines all come with integrated HDTV receivers. For all of us who use DirecTV - why would you want an internal receiver? An outboard one that OTA & DirecTV seems like a better solution...