When will it stop?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jon_Gregory, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Jon_Gregory

Jon_Gregory Stunt Coordinator

Man, the first hurricane of the season is a doozy and is headed at me again . It has been less than a year since Ivan crushed Pensacola, and now this. Dennis looks like it is going to be a something to tear us up again. And all of the damage is still not fixed from Ivan yet. People still have tarps on their roofs and my parents just finally got their house demolished because of what Ivan did to it. If this thing get's to a CAT 3 storm, there is going to be some major damage and flying debris, just from all the damage still left unfixed from Ivan. I am well prepared this year though. Last year, power was out for more than a week and I lost all my food and it was hell with the heat. This year, I have a generator and a window A/C and will not be without power again. Oh well, no hurricane will ever get me to leave this little known paradise.

2. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I live in Gainesville which is inland and isn't in the projected path as much but it still cuts it really close.

I remember last year when when we had 3 storms cut across the state, here where I lived we got some really bad weather and a tree fell right on my neighbor's house. My neighbor's house just finally got fixed up in time for possibly another bad storm. Lucky for us we didn't have any damage other than lots of limbs on our yard. My timeshare down in Ft. Meyers also got whammed by Charlie and we had to evacuate from there on our vacation.

amen to that! I love FL and couldn't see myself leaving over some hurricaines.[​IMG]

3. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh well, no hurricane will ever get me to leave this little known paradise.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But aren't we talking about hurricaneS here? Plural...

4. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    You guys can have it, and lets make insurance rates more regional instead of me paying the same rate per square foot as people who have the pleasure of living in "paradise" (FL and CA) and have a couple hundred thousand dollar claim every other year. [​IMG]