What's new

When will Disney 16x9 their non-animated films??? (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
There are SO many films Disney has released on DVD, that are NOT 16x9. When will Disney(Miramax, Touchstone, Hollywood) come out with upgraded editions.
Here is a list of soem of their movies on DVD, that need to be 16x9
Just to name a few!!!
Son-In-Law
Hand That Rocks the Craddle
Father of the Bride
Metro
Good Morning Vietnam
Cool Runnings
Rounders
Faculty
Enemy of the State
------------------

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Also these, to name a few more:
Mighty Joe Young
George of the Jungle (currently not even in widescreen)
Evita
101 Dalmations (non-animated)
The Parent Trap
My Favorite Martian

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You missed at least two I can think of:
The Rocketeer (that's a fun one!)
Mr. Magoo
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
in all fairness, most of these discs were released before Disney "went good". Of course the ones (nightmare) that were re-released as SEs later still didn't get 16x9 treatment!
Phenonmenon is another one I want 16x9
-dave

Chuck Blair

Agent
Blackstar.co.uk just shipped my anamorphic widescreen Rocketeer today! Thank you, Malata!
A lot of titles (from Disney and others) that aren't anamorphic in U.S. are anamorphic in Europe. I also ordered Vertigo, Babe, The Piano, Thelma & Louise, Tombstone, Pretty Woman, Frantic, Raising Arizona, There's Something About Mary, Legend of 1900 (over 40 minute longer director's cut), Stealing Beauty, and a few others from Europe. The last two aren't even available in the U.S. at this time on DVD.
The Malata will probably be the most expensive $300 I ever spent, but any DVD player that can do nearly perfect PAL to NTSC conversion, and allow me to do the anamorphic squeeze trick on my 7 year old 4X3 53" Sony, is worth every penny. Oh, I already have an amamorphic Time Cop and Don't Look Now from Europe. Lovely...

Chuck Blair

Agent
Legend of 1900 is available at www.dvd.it
Do search for Tim Roth to find it since it's under the Italian title, but the DVD is listed as having an English track along with Italian. And the website is in English, easy to order if you click on the English language link at the top of the webpage. My copy shipped yesterday, ordered late last week. I'll try to post a note on the quality after I receive it, whenever that is. It took almost a month to get Don't Look Now from Germany after I received a shipping notice from the German Amazon.com.
[Edited last by Chuck Blair on August 28, 2001 at 02:49 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks