When will Cannibal Holocaust be released?.......

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christina_V, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Christina_V

Christina_V Guest

Because it played here at a theater for a mid-night showing only once(!) a few weeks ago,but i had to miss it since i had work at 4am the next day. I still have'nt seen the film..........but have been interested in seeing it for quite some time. + to see if it really lives up to the hype of being one of the most disturbing films ever made......& i don't want to have to waste $$ on a crappy quality bootleg.
    I know Grindhouse has a new restored print thats being shown....but how long til the dvd is released..since they take forever, i know they want to make the best possible release..but sometimes good is good enough!!

2. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

I own the DVD. It is a very sick sick demented film.

I'll try to remember where I bought it.

3. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Christina,
    It is funny that you mention this film because I just watched it last night. I literally had to turn away during some of the real animal killing. I love animals too much to see that kind of exploitation. However, it is a very good film and social satire.
    Here is the link where I bought it:
    Cannibal Holocaust

4. ToddMS

ToddMS Stunt Coordinator

very funny indeed- I hadn't thought about this film in several years until I watched it the other day. I am fairly certain it has been released on DVD, but have no way of verifying that. BTW, this is the only film I have ever seen that I must turn away from during some scenes-once was more than enough for that turtle scene...

Todd

5. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Cannibal Holocaust is an excellent film, and definitely lives up to all of its hype in my opinion! The film wasn't as disturbing as I thought it would be, but it was still quite disturbing. It is a true horror classic! Also, I too hate the fact that real animals were killed, but I can stand it. Well, maybe not the turtle scene. I can't wait for Grindhouse's release of this classic, which still has no release date.

6. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

The DVD that I own and provided the link for is Anamorphic, but only stereo. The picture on it is soooooooooooo incredibly amazing! Very clear with fluid color. Todd, that is highly bizzare that we both watched it just recently.

7. Robert Dunnill

Robert Dunnill Second Unit

I bought a laserdisc copy on eBay - gave up waiting for the DVD.

RD

8. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

I got a copy from www.diabolikdvd.com in 2 days. I agree - the anamorphic video is stunning. A very brutal film.

9. JohnJB

JohnJB Stunt Coordinator

On the subject of real animal cruelty in the name of entertainment, and before I get flamed I like animals and take no pleasure in them being killed period, but I can see no difference in eating a hamburger or watching/enjoying CH, nobody needs to eat meat they simply choose to and if they think that the killings in CH are any more unpleasant than an average developed countries slaughterhouse then I believe their kidding themselves.

10. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

The roughest kill for me was the poor little mongoose or whatever it was that the snake (been a while since I watched it, think it was a snake) got....that just about broke my heart.

11. Christina_V

Christina_V Guest

Now you'rww maknig me want to see the fiml asap.........since i sseem to be the only one who has'nt seen the film or have the dvd.
    Oh well,once my credit cards payed off,i'll order it. thanks for the link.........and man i really need ot get a region free player to check out some of the awosme looking hard to find discs the sites have!
    I wonder if my dvd player plays vds as well? I'd love to get the Friday the 13th vcd,even though it's not widescreen(that sucks,but if it was P&S of 2:35 film,thats worse & forget it!!) + the picture/sound quality is'nt great..though at least i'll be able to see it uncut,since Paramount doesn't seem to care enoug to release it(& the series) that way[​IMG]
    Also wanna check out Battle Royal,Ring series ...looks interesting.

12. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Chuck L, the scene that you mentioned with the snake is from Cannibal Ferox, not Cannibal Holocaust.

13. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter