When will "Amazing Race" return?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Robbins, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Jim Robbins

Jim Robbins Stunt Coordinator

My wife and I are starting to get bored with "Survivor Amazon. Last season we much preferred "The Amazing Race". Does anyone know if/when it'll return?

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I think it's scheduled to return as soon as this second round of Star Search and then the NCAA playoffs (which will push Survivor to Wednesday) ends, sometime in April, although I haven't seen any ads for it yet - although, granted, I watch about two hours of CBS a week(Hack and Without A Trace). With the ratings Star Search is getting, I wouldn't be surprised if CBS opted for a third round of that and pushed TAR4 off until summer.

Hopefully, it'll get a new time slot, like Wednesday at 8pm - get it away from The Bachelor.

It's interesting to note - though I don't have a link - that TV Guide did a poll on these unscripted shows, and while The Amazing Race was close to the bottom when people were asked what their favorite show to watch was, it was either first or second when the question was which one folks would most like to participate in. Which I guess might be its downfall; the show is, relative to the rest of the unscripted shows, good clean fun, but just apparently most folks watching these things want their baser emotions appealed to.

3. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Already covering this here. There was a New York Times article that said TAR4 will be summer. I just wish CBS would say one way or the other.