What's new

When will a Mae West early movies Special Edition Boxset arrive on DVD? (1 Viewer)

I've been waiting for a long time for a Mae West boxset including all her early output ( Night After Night with George Raft, She Done Him Wrong and I'm No Angel with Cary Grant, to mention but three )

Las year Universal brought out the W C Fields boxset, ( with the film they made together My Little Chickadee )so I had assumed the Mae West set couldn't be far behind, but so far nothing has been posted.

Do any forum readers know of the liklihood of a release for a DVD boxset of Mae West movies? Which studio currently owns the rights to her movies - they were originally Paramount Studios cpyright, in fact she Done Him Wrong saved Paramount from bankruptcy(!) - as copyrights seem to move around so often these days as one large conglomerate takes over another.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Universal owns the rights. Image licensed some of the titles in the early days of dvd (KLONDIKE ANNIE, BELLE OF THE NINETIES, and I'M NO ANGEL).

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
is that a Mae-West DVD in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

I'd love a collection...

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Thomas Image titles are OOP. It's strange to think that the only Mae West titles available on DVD are Myra Breckinridge and Sextette!!!

BTW, Sony/Columbia owns her last B/W film The Heat's On.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Yes, Universal has the rights to most of her famous pictures less a couple of Paramount offerings.

I also have been waiting for Universal to box up a Mae West set and wonder what the hold up is?

Eric

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Image discs,But I would totally repurchase them for a set. Particularly if they are cleaned up, and with some decent features. Bring them on!

P.S. It is about time they started releasing Marlene Dietrich's films as well. Especially the Josef von Sternberg films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks