What's new

When will A.I. DVD be reviewed on this forum? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Rex
Two Things:
First, as has been reported many times, the ending is exactly as Stanley Kubrick wanted it, NOT Steven Spielberg. If you wanna blame someone for the ending (which I loved btw), blame Kubrick:D
Second
Your second paragraph contains minor spoilers, you may want to put spoiler blocks around it.

Scott Page

Stunt Coordinator
I generally liked this movie, but I really understand why many people did not. Stylisticlly it is really 3 movies. The first "family" segment is considerably differenty than the nighmarish middle segment. And the much talked about ending is again a leap from the first two segments. The movie feels like it was written and directed by 3 different individuals. It isn't a very cohesive effort. To many cooks in the kitchen so to speak. But worth the price of admission anyway.

By the way...this movie is diffently not for young children. The middle segment would be much to intense and frightening. The PG-13 rating isn't just due to an off-color word or two. There is also a strong sexual theme in many parts of the movie, as well as extream violence directed toward the elderly, women, and children. Personally, I don't think kids under 14 should see this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks