What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Active since the early days of Hollywood, director John M. Stahl was one of the 36 founding members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 1927 and also briefly served as an executive at the independent Tiffany Studios during the silent era. Successfully making the transition to sound, he made his mark with Imitation of Life (1934, which was nominated for a Best Picture Oscar) and Magnificent Obsession (1935), both of which would be remade by Douglas Sirk during the 1950’s. He closed out the 1930’s by reuniting with Irene Dunne (his leading lady of 1932’s Back Street and Magnificent Obsession) for a third collaboration with When Tomorrow Comes. Kino has licensed the movie for its US home video debut.

When Tomorrow Comes (1939)

Released: 11 Aug 1939
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 90 min...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Boyer's intercontinental 'charm' was always lost on me. I think he fared better when playing the torture soul in Garden of Allah, or the outright villain in MGM's glamorous remake of Gaslight!

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
my copy is arriving today, boy that was quick! the artwork on this case is soo good, i already made a spot on my bookshelf to display it!

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
81xlCVWX-+L._SL1500_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks