What's new

When the next Simpsons DVD Boxset? (1 Viewer)

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
I mean that they will start releasing a regular and Blu-Ray release, then just switch over to Blu-Ray only, packaging or whatever they do w/it to make the difference.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor

Kind of doubt Fox will drop SD-DVD and release the Simpsons only on Blu-ray. If Fox wanted to go out of business, that's the way to do it. I also imagine if its that important that the show be 16:9, then the only way to do it is to re-matte the show, or crop it. Blu-ray will probably have a shorter life span than SD-DVD, unless they make it cheap and easy to burn discs, like SD-DVD.

Putting out as many seasons as they can in one year is not the best idea. Give the people a chance to buy one season and watch it before the next one comes out.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I believe what Arlid means is that since The Simpsons was edited on video at 480i, they'd have to go back to the original negative to create a 1080p version for a Blu Ray release and that would be VERY expensive so it's highly unlikely.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

I listen to bits and pieces of them, but by and large, they're uh, kinda boring. It's just a bunch of dorky-sounding guys telling us how funny they think they are. I only really listen when one or more of the voice artists joins in. They're usually more insightful, particularly Yeardley Smith, who really cares about the show and the things Lisa says/does.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i listen.
first i watch the show then again with the commentary

Arild

Supporting Actor
Exactly. They also futzed around with the video after the transfer to 480i (changing speed, superimposing elements, etc.) so many of the finished shots probably never even existed on film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks