What's new

When Snow White becomes available.... (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Do you think Disney will fix the minor mistakes with the current transfer?

1. The wash-up scene is really blurry...the 1994 version looks better.
2. The colors look good, but in the final scene they appear off. Snow White's sleeves are purple, as well as the Prince's tunic during a dissolve.
3. All of the fade outs at reel changes are too quick, eliminating some animation. The 1994 restoration isn't like this.
4. I don't know if anything can be done about the "frozen" frames at the end of a few shots. I guess these frames were damaged.

I can't think of any more supplements. The current release has some great ones, unless they locate the 1975 re-release trailer. I love the current release, but would be over the moon if they fixed the minor problems. What a wonderful movie!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They would have to do a new transfer, as the 2001 one was only done in PAL resolution (720x576). I assume they could go back to the original negatives, use original Technicolor timing cards as a color timing guide, and clean up excess damage without removing picture detail.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
They will have some YEARS to think about this. They won't touch Snow White until it's meant to cycle around again on DVD.
I just hope they start dual releasing the Platinums soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digimont
Recent bookmarks