When it rains it pours

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Isaacs, Jul 9, 2002.

  1. Chad Isaacs

    Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2000
    Messages:
    757
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well,I have not been around so much over the past few months....miss me?(dident think so).Early May I was woke up to the tune of someone beating on my door.I looked through the peep hole and it was one of my upstairs neighbors.Well,we never really spoke much other than saying "sup" in the hall,they liked their drugs too much and I perfer to stay private.....long story short,I said,WHAT???????he said FIRE,GET OUT!!!

    So,the fire was contained to the upstairs unit but I lost alot of stuff due to smoke and water damage.I was lucky enough to be able to go into my unit once the fire was out and rescue my fish and my electronics.The fireman must of been into computers and home theater as well,he moved all of my electronics to a corner as they were all right under where the water started pouring out of the celing.I did loose my tv,but I wanted a new one anyway.The red cross put my kids and I in a hotel for a few days but later that week we took off for california.We had already paid for it and we needed a break.

    So we get back from cali. and I contacted my apartment manager.I was told the apartment was ready to move back into....woa,its only been 2 weeks since the fire,how is this possible?Well,I got in to look at the place and im not sure they did a damn thing to fix it up.I contacted a lawyer to get out of my lease and lived out of a hotel for a while.We are finally getting settled again and all of my gear works fine.My fish are at a friends house so hopefully I can move them in soon.

    Everybody was safe,thats all that really matters.THis ordeal really made me think about how selfish we can be sometimes.While the fire was burning I was worried about my expensive gear and I forgot to be thankful for the life of my kids and my own,not to mention the others that were put out.

    While I still do enjoy my computer and my home theater and the damn good buy 2 get one free deals at block buster,I have learned to love my 2 kids even more than before.As some of you remember,my wife left over a year ago.I see now that it was for the best and that brought my family alot closer as well.

    Guys,dont let your home theater run your life especially if you have kids,you never know how much time you have left to spend with them.
     
  2. Jefferson

    Jefferson Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2002
    Messages:
    979
    Likes Received:
    20
    I hear you.
    I've had to start over again myself. It is kind of liberating in a strange way. But the old urge for "stuff' starts creeping in again. Best of luck to you and yours.
     
  3. Ron-P

    Ron-P Producer

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2000
    Messages:
    6,284
    Likes Received:
    5
    Real Name:
    Ron
    Word-Up Chad. Sorry to hear about the fire, glad to hear everyone is safe and unharmed.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]
     
  4. KyleS

    KyleS Screenwriter

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2000
    Messages:
    1,232
    Likes Received:
    0
    True, true Chad[​IMG]
    Glad to hear that your children and everyone else in the apartment complex was ok. Did the fire start because they were cooking something and if so what happened to them?
    PS and yes you were missed here on the Forum. [​IMG]
    KyleS
     
  5. Cam S

    Cam S Screenwriter

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2002
    Messages:
    1,524
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well it seems as though the fire changed things for the good, which is always nice to hear. Best of luck to you and your family
     
  6. Chad Isaacs

    Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2000
    Messages:
    757
    Likes Received:
    0
    well,i have heard two reasons the fire started.1. an electrical short and 2. they were making rocks.it was a decent apartment complex but you cannot weed out all of the bad apples i guess.they actually did not have the apartment closed off and we snuck in to snap a few pictures,they had not touched the place 2 weeks after the fire and it was hard enough to breath in my own apartment let alone in there from all of the mold and mildew in the air,there was still an inch of standing water covering the floor and people actually live downstairs from there.they did fix the celing where the water poured in my apartment but where there was water damage on the walls...they painted over it,same as the smoke damage on the hall walls.......painted over it.there is a very large fire of fire trash on the patio and just all sorts of things but there is no way i could live there let alone my kids.
     

Share This Page