What's new

When is Soprano's season four coming??? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So you did. Must have missed it.

Also, I hear that season 5 promises to be the BEST so far, with many surprises.:emoji_thumbsup:

An announcement regarding the S4 DVD's will be coming very soon. Be patient.;)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Tino,

I'm glad you liked season 4, but I've never heard another person say that they thought it was as good as season 1 or 2. Personally, I feel the show has definitely lost some of the magic that made it so great and I think some of that can be attributed to losing characters like Big Pussy and Richie Aprille. Also, the roles of Paulie and Silvio have been diminished from what they were in the first 2 seasons and I think that has affected the show negatively. There are a lot of other things that made season 4 bad(too much focus on Bobby Bacala, Janice, Adrianna, etc), but I just hope they fix all the problems and come back with a strong season 5. Note to David Chase: Use Johnny Sack more as he is one of the best characters on the show and there is a great storyline there dealing with the conflict between the New York and New Jersey families.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Brent

Funny, many of my friends who are BIG Sopranos fans, loved the last season as much as the first. I personally thought it expanded the entire dynamic of the show tremendously.

However since this thread is about when the S4 DVD's are being released, I think further discussion of The Sopranos should be continued in the numerous discussion threads in the TV Area instead of derailing this thread with arguments over the merits of its various seasons.

Timothy Fisher

Auditioning
Obviously, all of this is purely subjective, but I agree with Tino on this one. I thought season 4 was excellent. For me, there is still no finer show on television. The quality of the acting and writing amazes me week in and week out.

JohnAP

Second Unit
For me, the later episodes made up for some of the weaker episodes in the first half of the season and I still enjoyed it more than anything else on tv, with the exception of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Sorry if that means I'm proof the world should end).

I do wish they wouldn't hold off on the dvd's so they can use them to promote the new season, but I understand it. Hopefully, this means there'll be some good extras. And I'm glad they take all the time they need between seasons to make sure they can do things right.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
If seasons 1-3 are any indication, the extras on the DVD release won't be anything to get excited about. A couple of commentary tracks and 5 or 10 minutes worth of interviews/behind-the scenes footage is pretty much all they ever include.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks