What's new

When is Rock and Rule coming out on DVD (1 Viewer)

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Ok so so there the lastest Charlie O for sale list

Criterion Robocop DVD and LD
Dawn of the Dead Flipper DVD
Rock and Rule LD

Chuck Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
Man this is unbelievable news. I picked up the comic adaption at last year's megacon and thought that i'd never see it on dvd and that the comic would have to suffice.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
They should make a box set out of Rock And Rule, Rome-0 and Julie-8, American Pop, and Animalympics.

And then another box set with Whistle Down the Wind, The Plague Dogs, Grave of the Fireflies and Education for Death.

And then, the creme de la creme, Yellow Submarine, Fantasia, Allegro Non Troppo, "What's Opera, Doc", and Heavy Metal.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I personally have always wanted to see Takashi's animated Metamorphoses a.k.a. Winds Of Change (1978) in it's non-Americanized (I.E. non-Winds Of Change) version.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I've never had the pleasure of seeing this film. Is it really that good or is it just in demand because it's so rare?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
"She can sing or SHE CAN SCREAM!!! But she still pissed me off."

;)

I'm thrilled this is coming to disc. I saw it on CBC years and years ago and it blew my mind, particularly this scene...

...with that amazing song by Cheap Trick. Great flick. Lots of fun.

Chris Stainton

Second Unit
Brian,

I personally think it is an awesome film. Great music and very cool animation. I would say if you like the film Heavy Metal, you will probably like this.

"I didn't offer you anything, I offer you everything!"

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

Agreed. It's a very different animation style but still an adult oriented theme (not in terms of sex and language, but just general tone) with a great soundtrack.

Chris Stainton

Second Unit
The latest info from an e-mail I received:

Howdy do everybody,

Stephen here from Unearthed Films with some good news. We have a date set in stone for the release of Rock and Rule. The release date is June 7th 2005. If anyone wants to help, let the animation websites, fans and mags that any of you subscribe to and hang out at know we are a go for June 7th. Here's a refresher of what's in the dvd.

Rock and Rule Special Edition
New fully restored High Definition Anamorphic transfer in 1:85:1
An enhanced 5.1 Dolby track and cleaned up 2.0 Dolby track
The Making of Rock and Rule Featurette
Commentary with Director Clive Smith.
Intensive sketch gallery
Deluxe animated menu's
Restoration comparisons
Liner Notes

Rock and Rule Double Deluxe Collectors Set
New fully restored High Definition Anamorphic transfer in 1:85:1
An enhanced 5.1 Dolby track and cleaned up 2.0 Dolby track
The Making of Rock and Rule Featurette
Commentary with Director Clive Smith.
Intensive sketch gallery
Deluxe animated menu's
Restoration comparisons

Disc 2
CBC; Original version of Rock and Rule
The Devil and Daniel Mouse
The Making of The Devil and Daniel Mouse Featurette
PDF File of the script
Massive sketch gallery
Alternate Title Sequence
15 Minute workprint ending of Drats
Collectors Booklet

The dvd looks fantastic, Clive Smith helped us with the color correction and said it looks awesome. It always feels good to know we hit it on the head. Checked out the whole package and I do have to say, I am very surprised it looks as great as it does. I'm not blowing smoke in your faces either. I really do hope everyone enjoys it when they finally get their hands on it. I pretty sure when you
see it, watch it and go over everything, I think you will notice the time and effort we put into one of the coolest animated film of all time.

I hope your all doing well and thanks for all of the support and well wishes you guys have sent us over the last year. We really appreciate it and we hope you enjoy Rock and Rule when it comes out June 7th.

Best and thanks,

Stephen Biro
Unearthed Films

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
WOW, can't wait. I thought this movie disappeared... I can't find the comic I used to have of it (that was a long time ago). I loved this movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks