1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

When is release date of new Marantz Recievers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Chandler, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Andrew Chandler

From the specs I read, the 5200 is exactly what I need. However, I must have a receiver by Aug 20. Anybody know the latest of when they will be released? Also, are there any good online vendors of Marantz equipment? Thanks

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

From what I've heard, the release date for the US is July 2001 and for Canada its August 2001. No idea what actual release time will end up being.

3. scott_tinari

scott_tinari Stunt Coordinator

If you are talking about the 6.1 receiver, I think its the 5200 from marantz. Its out already. I live in PA and I can get it for $650 its a steal.

4. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

Ah... but there is no mention of it on their website.
    ------------------
    SAM

5. Willy K

Willy K Auditioning

I too am pretty sure the 5200 is out now, just keep digging. Im waiting for SR7200 for $799 at a local store. They say late august for that one. If you nwant their number ill get it.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    They are out now, but not all places have received their shipments. My local store was supposed to get them in last week, and they said they would be delayed by about a week.
    ------------------
    All progress is based upon a universal, inate desire on the part of every organism, to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Honda/Acura Club ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)

7. Andrew Chandler

The 5200 is the one I am looking at. Could not decide between the 6.1 sound of Outlaw and DPLII of Onkyo, and this does both. Do any web vendors have them for sale yet?

8. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yeah, thats right, the 4200,5200 and 6200 are already out in the US. I am waiting for the SR 7200.

9. RyanL

RyanL Stunt Coordinator

Where can I find reviews on the new set of marantz receivers?

10. RyanL

RyanL Stunt Coordinator

Anybody know?

11. LesterLiu

LesterLiu Extra

I just bought the 5200, i was pretty impressed with it in the store, i was comparing it to the yami rxv800 but this seems to have more features (at least features that i need) and it was much cheaper. What sold me though was the 6.1 and dpl2, i couldn't find any other receiver that had both those features, but most of the ones i was looking at were last years models, i'm sure the new lineups will all carry these features as standard but i'm impatient. I haven't hooked this receiver up yet, i might get around to it this week and hopefully i'll be happy with it. comparing just power/features, this is truly a great buy!!
    I was also curious as to any online reviews of the new marantz receivers, i wanna see how they stack up to my past favorites of yami and denon. anyone know?