When is it time for a new wallet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I tend to keep the same wallet for years on end, mainly because I hate breaking in wallets when the current one has conformed to your backside marvelously. But I'm thinking that it's getting to be that time to break in a new one because the current wallet is almost coming apart at the seams.

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

"Almost" being the keyword. When it finally falls apart, that's when I get a new one. [​IMG]
    /Mike

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    duct tape!

My wallet is also coming apart at the seams from old age, so I just taped it up with some duct tape and it's good to go for another 5 years...

Jay

4. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Plus duct tape is stylish and classy.

i wonder how long till Red Green makes an appearance...

5. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

.......after the fourth time your wife sends it through the washing machine.

People thought I was cheap because my wallet smelled musty. It was because it went through the f-ing "heavily soiled cycle" three times! I had a great Buffalo Hide wallet for 12 years and it didn't survive the fourth "dip in the pool" last month. Now I use a money clip. I hate it, but I'll never find another wallet like that one. sniff....

6. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Ironically, when you've lost all of your cash.

7. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

What Peter says... When the holes get so big that the money starts to fall out, that's when I go looking for a new one...

8. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Two words Patrick:

George Costanza

9. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Yep, when your wallet comes out of your pocket in 3 pieces, it's either time for a new wallet or some duct tape.

10. Rob FM

Rob FM Second Unit

R
    Paul: EXACTLY !
    ... when you try to put that laaaast receipt in it and the darn thing blows up right in front of you (and your friends)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ~Rob

11. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell Supporting Actor

I was going to say when your wallet runs out of cash it's time to get a new one.
    Actually I don't carry a wallet.
    I carry about 5 to 6 plastic cards on me..Visa, Debit , Drivers license etc..
    I have them placed into a plastic case which I made by cutting off the top half of a plastic casing used for holding my savings account register.
    It works great and I don't have to worry about that big bulge sticking off my rear that's created by those fat wallets.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Ah yes, duct tape--it's like The Force: it has a light side and a dark side, and it binds all things in the universe together...even wallets. [​IMG]

13. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

I just got my bro a nice new wallet for Xmas this year. I went home today (plenty of spare time becuase of winter session classes) to kick his ass in Halo and he told me mom took it for its first spin in the washer and dryer earlier in the week, and its now underneath a big dictionary or two being 're-molded'. But the outlook is good that it will survive its first encounter with the washer and dryer. Makes me wonder how long before he needs to get the duct tape on it...he hasnt even had it a month yet.

I've been carrying a wallet since I was 13 or 14 and I've only had two (20 now)...I dont remember why I gave up on the first one...I think its lying around home somewhere.

JQ

14. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

My wife bought me one, a totally unprovoked purchase - I guess it was time!

15. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

When it's stolen. [​IMG] Seriously though, if the wallet is just showing a little wear, but is not falling apart, I see no reason to replace it. I've had a Coach wallet now for about five years and see no reason to replace it. Sure, the leather is a bit worn, but it is holding up very well. This is the third Coach wallet I have owned over the years, and it is true that they are very stiff when brand new. That's no fun.

16. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

If you're asking, it's probably time for a new one. Get a really nice wallet -- Coach, Dunhill, or Allen-Edmonds -- and you'll be good for years. Just keep it out of the wash!

-Erik

17. ShawnF

ShawnF Stunt Coordinator

When you find the condom you put there in 7th grade (for what reason, I have no idea), and you are now 33![​IMG]

18. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

When your name rubs off?When the velcro stops working?When the loop for the chain rips out?

I have had mine for several years.If I leave the house without it I feel nekkid.I do not plan on ever getting another wallet....I am sure some woman at some point will change that though.

19. PaulG

PaulG Stunt Coordinator

I have a wallet that chains to my belt. I guess it will be time to get a new wallet the next time I want to fly somewhere.

20. Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter Second Unit

I just replaced mine after 17 years!!! Basicly my entire adult life.

I finally had to 'cause my old one was wearing out the magnetic strips on my credit cards.