What's new

When is it done? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
Ive been cruisin the forums tonight and was lying in bed when a question suddenly hit me. For my drumming, if I buy a new cymbal I realize that this cymbal could be with me till the day I die. I like its sound and I will not need anything else like it. So here is my question.

Has anyone ever purchased anything for their home theater and thought that what they just bought is all they need for the job it does? Is there a speaker,amp,receiver,dvd player that you will never replace? The exception is of course that the item would never break.

I'm thinking also that new technologies will put things to shame. How much further can we take things like audio though that the technologies of today will be just overblown? I realize there is a lot to go for projection tv but otherwise we're getting very close to incredibly imagery with plasmo and high definition tv's.

I leave it to everyone, however, to proclaim ownership of something they love so much in their home theater that they know they will never need anything else and their money can go towards other items. hehe.

I am far away from being able to proclaim this for anything. Perhaps after this summer when I build my own speakers and subs and match them with decent components to push it all.

Matt

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I have a couple of Hafler DH200 amps I purchased around 1981 and a pair of ADS L1290 tower speakers that I purchased in 1986.

They have served my system very well from only 2 channel in the early days, to both 2 channel and multichannel today. I have no desire to replace them.

Considering how much I usually like to upgrading, this says alot about those amps and speakers!

JimmyK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks