When is Family Guy coming back?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Scott Thomas, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Scott Thomas

Scott Thomas Second Unit

I cant stand waiting for the return of FG, does anybody know when its coming back?

Also what about American dad?

2. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

I think American Dad is late Jan to early Fed. And FG is March. But I am probably wrong.

3. Phil_L

Phil_L Second Unit

I was just wondering this myself. The sooner the better!

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

5. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

I believe American Dad is going to have a special preview episode following the SuperBowl 2/6, then start airing regularly around March/April I think.

6. AndrewD

AndrewD Stunt Coordinator

Here's some programming info, from the Cartoon Network point of view:

Family Guy returns to Adult Swim in July with new episodes under a unique arrangement in which Adult Swim and FOX share telecast rights to the revived-from-cancellation series.

FOX will air premieres of the Emmy-winning series in prime time; that same week, Adult Swim will telecast new episodes at 11 p.m. (ET, PT) on Sunday evenings.

American Dad, the new series from Family Guy creator Seth McFarlane, will air on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim beginning on Sunday, Feb. 13, just a week after its debut on FOX. Subsequent episodes will air on Adult Swim Sunday nights at 11:30 p.m. (ET, PT).

7. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

Fox advertised Family Guy for this sunday but I did not catch it they were re-runs or the new episodes.

8. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

It wasn't on this Sunday.

9. AndrewD

AndrewD Stunt Coordinator

An update on this. Talked to an Adult Swim guy last night and he said that this airing will be the post-Super Bowl telecast only. Another episode of 'American Dad' most liikely won't air until May so they can remedy 'creative problems' with the show.

10. Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu Supporting Actor

He means its going to be on this sunday (16th) and the commerical they showed was a rerun. This was the scene:

Cop pulls over Peter for speeding)
    Cop: Hey, youre that black guy arent you?
    Peter: Yeah.
    Cop: (Talking into walkie-talkie) Im gonna need additional support here.
    Peter: Huh?
    Cop: Hes got a gun.
    Peter: No I dont.
    Cop: Officer down!(falls down and cop cars pursuit Peter)

11. James T

James T Screenwriter

I caught the advertisement for tonight as well, except it was from a Canadian channel. Kinda weird that Fox and the canadian channel will both start re-airing the show at the same time if it's a repeat???

12. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

the episodes for tonight are "Fifteen Minutes of Shame" and "And the Wiener Is ..."

Episode #19 and #33

Peter: Woah! Is that really the blood of Christ?
    Priest: Yes.
    Peter: Man, that guy must have been wasted 24 hours a day, huh?

-V

13. Phil_L

Phil_L Second Unit

FOX promo just said new episodes return May 1.

14. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Supporting Actor

More specifically, Family Guy will air at 9:00 starting May 1 and American Dad will air at 9:30 starting the same day. Basically they're summer-run series, but Fox wants to start them during the regular season to get people's attention (a good strategy, I think).

While I dislike Family Guy -- as I explained in tedious detail in this essay -- I think it should do pretty well, especially among the coveted 18-49 crowd. It won't beat Desperate Housewives but it doesn't need to; it just has to peel off a portion of the college-age audience, which it will.

American Dad, on the other hand... well, I don't know if it's wise to put two so very similar shows on one after the other. Particularly if American Dad really has "creative problems," which wouldn't surprise me given the rampant creative problems that Family Guy has (and American Dad sounds like a trickier project to pull off). The danger is that the people who tune in for Family Guy will find American Dad to be a pale substitute. I think Fox should pair American Dad with King of the Hill -- two very different animated sitcoms about conservative dads -- but that would require them to actually give a damn about KotH.

15. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams

Wow...I've never written that much about something I loathed. Relax, sir. Its only a TV show, a form of entertainment. I mean, I think Stanley Kubrick is an overrated filmmaker, but do I write something that long, and what it looks like, done some quasi-extensive research on? No. I write a short blurb in my sig, which I copied and pasted. [​IMG]

Some people enjoy different styles of entertainment, and I dont appreciate being called an idiot for doing so.

16. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Yes, Jaime, we all know exactly where you stand.

But one thing that bothers me is that in the Sunday rerun, there was bare ass censorship. So Heaven only knows what will be blurred, cut, or whatever when the new episodes begin. Will Cartoon Network get these episodes unaltered, and if so, when? Or should I wait for the DVD.

Or should I wait to see if I even LIKE the new episodes first?

17. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    going by the promo on american idaol last night the may 1 ep will be the beginning of the new episodes.

18. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Supporting Actor

I've said this before, but I don't think there's any actual evidence that the FCC would ever fine Family Guy for any of the stuff it regularly does (the FCC almost never fines fiction shows anyway, because unlike reality and sports, they can claim "artistic purpose"). The ass-blurring is more Fox's overreacting or, perhaps, a ploy to embarrass the FCC (which is fine by me). The show depends mostly on suggestive humor anyway; and if Dan Fielding could do masturbation jokes on Night Court in the '80s...

The current showrunner of Family Guy, by the way, is David Goodman, the guy who wrote the Star Trek episode of Futurama. I don't see why the new episodes wouldn't please the fans. I'll be watching too, because (like I said) I think the show was improving in its third season, and I hope they continue trying to create stronger stories and characterization.

19. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew

Umm, I thought you DIDN'T like this show.

20. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    btw, fox in philly did not blur anything this past sunday night.