What's new

When is ALLIGATOR coming to DVD in the U.S.? (1 Viewer)

Jeff<>

Grip
Does anyone have any word when this 1980 cult classic will finally make a U.S. release on DVD. The imports have been out for years. What's holding it up?

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
One of the cool 70s "When Nature Strikes Back" films that's been neglected. I once thought MGM owned the rights, but I think someone else does. I'm a Robert Forster fan, so I'd like to see it on DVD in the near future!

johnbr

Stunt Coordinator
I love the two Alligator movies they both great have fun movies.Would make a great two movie dvd in 5.1. ;)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
AB had this on their "coming soon" list around four or five years ago. The R2 version from ABUK is the way to go if you're region free. 5.1 track, the sequel plus a commentary track.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
The Anchor Bay UK R2 set is packaged with the horrendous sequel. The transfer is very good. DTS doesn't add much, but is most welcome. The commentary is pretty good, as I recall.

I was surprised to see that this cult gem only has a 5.5 IMDb rating after 992 votes. Okay, so it's not Rear Window, but is pretty groovy. Considering the premise, John Sayle's script is excellent and Robert Forster's performance raises the level of the show. And how funny is the great Henry Silva in this? :laugh:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"an" alligator is coming to dvd sept 18th.
but what is it.

amazon has a listing with the right dir but the cast is different.
also no rlease date on amazon.
so is the 1980 edition coming out this week?

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
It is the 1980 version...solid 16:9 transfer, commentary (same as the Anchor Bay UK release), and John Sayles interview. Worth picking up :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok, thats what i thought.
i cant find it on amazon .
only link there i can find is we will notify you when this becomes available.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Ordered mine from ddd.

Review here. http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/a-d/alligator80.htm

Cover art is kinda... eeesh. I think ill make a custom using the original art. http://www.posterwire.com/wp-content.../alligator.jpg

When I was growing up, my local grocery store's tiny collection of VHS rentals included this title. I loved it from the get-go. I actually thought it was a pretty spooky flick as a teenager. The shot of the gator in the pool when the lights get flipped on always got to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks