What's new

when does the next season of Curb Your Enthusiasm start? (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

I think HBO was counting on Season 5 airing before the Season 4 DVD streeted, but that didn't happen. Larry David probably just isn't ready. The season was rumored to start last month, and HBO is releasing the 4th season of "Six Feet Under" around the time Season 5 ends, so it would make sense that the DVD release of Season 4 is tied to the original planned airing of the new season..

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Well I cant wait to get season 4 on DVD. I moved recently and dont have HBO anymore so I never go tto see any of the last season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Just to play devil's advocate, Deadwood and Entourage both had their DVD sets released before the start of their new season. And Six Feet Under had the third season released just before the start of their fifth season. I think SFU's problem is that their DVD releases weren't caught up to the new season so they lagged behind unlike most other HBO shows.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Jeff, just make sure to watch season 4 in order... and stay away as much as you can from spoilers. It will make watching season 4 of Curb, just that much better... if you can believe that!

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
hehe, thanks John I cant wait.

I would imagine the smartest thing for HBO to do, would be to release it just before the new season starts to catch people up and get new people interested in the upcoming season. But hey Im not a TV exec.:D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They all run about 30 minutes. Some are 27 minutes or 29 minutes. Not exactly 29 mniutes 59 seconds. They must want as much time as possible for these new episodes while keeping HBO's running time.

SarahG

Second Unit

I think this is a good point. Entourage and Deadwood were like clockwork with their DVD releases, which I think helped to the following season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks