What's new

When does DeepDiscountDVD have their 20% off sale? (1 Viewer)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I'm in the same situation with Homicide-The Complete Series it's now $108.69 after price bite. Hold off 'til the 20% off(if they have one) and it's $86.95. I could be wrong but I take the "price bite" to mean a reduction of the MSRP by the manufacturer, so they should be permanent.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

Not too long ago DDD were selling their stock of "Stargate SG-1" DVDs for $30. I checked again last week (and today) and the price went up to $34. That's not much (especially when you consider the free shipping) but I was definitely surprised at the increase.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

Do we know for sure that server problems were the reason for the extension?
The reason I say that is because I was watching the sale buying threads on another forum and I just didn't see the same level of enthusiasm there last Nov that I have almost every other time. I think/am sure part of it was due to the Google/Buy offers going on at the same time. Also, I noticed a lot more complaining about price fluctuations this last time.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
No, I remember there were problems with orders not going through for nearly a 24 hour period, and also all of the Warner boxsets were listed as unavailable before the extension but were available after the extension. Whether that was intentional or a computer error I don't know.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I have occasionally found things cheaper on Amazon, but in general find things cheaper at DDD - and that's without the sale.

I haven't noticed anything jump up in price during the sale either.

People act like they were personally hurt by DDD. It is unfortunate as in my experience, I have save a lot of money there.

I can only imagine the irrational resentment if the sale ended or was dropped to a lower %. How dare they!!!! it's a right don't you know!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I actually noticed a few things seemed overpriced just before a sale they had. But it wasn't enough to bother me. I like DD pretty well. I probably won't be able to take advantage of the sale this year if it happens. :frowning: Maybe I'll get a couple of small things like I did last year. $10 or $20.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
During the past few sales, the recent Led Zeppelin DVD would not process. I tried calling, but they were never able to fix it and I ended up getting it elsewhere. I wonder if it's been fixed.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Deep Discount has the best price for BANACEK - $18.06 With Tax the same show would have set me back $21.19 at Circuit City.

I'm waiting for them to do their 2 for 1 Sale on DVD Box Sets again. The last time they did this an Auto Dealer had one of their "10 Free Golden Dollar" Promos. I got Three such flyers in the mail, got my Golden Dollars, and then "Relieved" DDD for Seasons 1 & 2 of The Flying Nun:D

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Their price for Scrubs Season 5, due out Tuesday May 22, is way out of line (higher than most everyone, both online and nonline). Perhaps this is a sign the sale will happen sooner than later.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I thought they always waited until Monday or so to set their new release prices (so they can see what everyone else will be charging).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I notice Buck Rogers complete series for just under $20. Seems the studio dropped the SRP from $90 to $30. Nice deal at DD. I'll pick this up eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks