What's new

When do the next-gen Sammy DLP's release? (1 Viewer)

John Doh

Stunt Coordinator
I have been looking at the HLN467W for a while now and had decided to purchase it at the end of this month. There are a few issues with the DLP technology that has me holding back, not to mention a connection issue with Xbox gamers. I was wondering if anybody knew when the next-generation Sammy DLP's will be coming out. I contacted Sammy about some of the specific problems I haev read and they said that they would be addressed on the nest releases. So when is that, anybody???

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Probably around mid-year. If you haven't heard, Toshiba is coming out with a line of DLP sets as well this year and they've designed their own light engine.

John Doh

Stunt Coordinator
To all those interested at the link below, they have announced the new DLP sets to come out in 2004...

http://www.dlptvshowcase.com/dlp_tv_review.html

I believe I am going to wait on the HLN467W a few months to see if these new Sammy DLP's coming out in 2nd & 3rd quarter 2004 are going to be that much better. It appears they are coming out wth 2 new 46" modesl, one with the new HD2+ technology and a new HD3 technology. There were several other manufacturers jumping on the DLP bandwagon as well, which is always good to see. I'm stoked about the new sets, but kind of bummed I gotta wait another 6 months until I make my decison. Oh well, maybe it will be worth the wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.