What's new

When do the new Samsung DLP TV's come out? (1 Viewer)

ChrisDumont

Agent
I'm just wondering since I plan on buying a 50" DLP TV. For this current generation I cant see that rainbow effect which is a good thing, but if friends come over they might be able to see it so I'm considering getting the 3rd generation DLP (assuming it has a faster color wheel). Though I'd probably get the 2nd generation for a better price if I bought it when the 3rd generation came out. If anyone knows what kind of features the 3rd generation is going to have that the 2nd generation doesnt, please share :) Thx

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Not sure, but hopefully Ill be picking mine up (Samsung DLP 50) on Sunday.

No rainbows as far as I can see...

John Geelan

Screenwriter
any new models by Samsung won't be announced till at least Spring 2004.

you'll have to wait at least 6 months to find out what improvements these TV's may have.

Jason GT

Second Unit
There will always be a potential of rainbows for single-chip DLP unless color wheel speeds go up dramatically (and I mean dramatically; not the sort of advancement that could be expected for small motors).

From other sources, the new light engines, which are making their way into projectors soon, have an additional segment on the colour wheel which reduces dithering, which is a noted issue with the current implementation of single-chip DLP.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for 3-chip DLP. Even if and when a 3chip product comes out it will be very expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks