When do new models usually arrive?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Gui A, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

Hey all

I was wondering if the TV industry was like the car industry, where new models usually arrive at the same time.
    If so, would it also mean you can get last year's models at a cheaper price?

Thanks.

2. Tyson Wetzel

Tyson Wetzel Stunt Coordinator

Usually within a day or two of you buying one. J/K, most tv manufacturers stagger the release of new product, or delay the release until the old stuff is gone. Sometimes you can get last years stuff cheap if a dealer is sitting on some.

3. Andy_Hamric

Andy_Hamric Stunt Coordinator

I'm starting to see the Sony 47" wide HDTV monitor RPTV I bought in May now being advertised as "closeout." Maybe not too long for those.

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

To answer your question it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer but they are pretty "Normal" persay about when they release their stuff. So if you jot down when they released something this year, I'd be willing to bet it will happen next year the same time.

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

If this helps? Some start releasing their sets around June & ALL the models are usually out before Xmas unless they have a problem with some model. They don't want to miss the XMAS Buying Season [​IMG]