When did Warner Brothers Television start using "As Time Goes By" on their logo?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by John Kilduff, Feb 11, 2004.

1. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Oct 27, 2001
    Figured this would be the best place to ask this...

I don't watch that much TV anymore, but today I viewed an episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". It was a pretty entertaining episode with Simon Cowell, Keisha Castle-Hughes, and Annie Lennox performing "Into The West" from ROTK...but I digress.

I stayed to the end of the program and I saw the Warner Brothers Television logo. Instead of the traditional fanfare, though, there was a brief snatch of "As Time Goes By". It was sort of a more compressed version of the movie logo.

Do any of Warner's current TV programs have this latest logo? Will the logo end up appearing on TV airings of movies from the Warner/Turner libaries? Will the logo end up appearing on reruns of Warner shows ("Mad TV", "Friends", the Spielberg cartoons, et al?)

John Kilduff...

Great orchestration for a short piece.
  2. Eric-S

Eric-S Stunt Coordinator

Jan 3, 2000
    I work at a TV station taking sat feeds of synd. shows. WB started using "As Time Goes By" around the start of the fall TV season. As far as if Broadcast network shows like West Wing have that ending, I couldn't tell you.

All current syndicated shows use this theme, I'm sure older titles like movies in their library will keep the older music and logo, but if it was re-edited or mastered, I'm sure the new logo would be added.