What's new

When did "Jeopardy!" become "Jeopardy! for Dummies!" (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I would think he would at least let someone else have a chance.
So he should just stop taking free money from the producers "to give somebody else a chance?" I think the fact that he's still winning is enough to prove that he's too smart to do something that incredibly stupid. :)
Regards,
Joe

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
The more this guy wins, the easier it probably gets for him. He's probably master of the buzzer by now.

One contestant during Final Jeapordy put as her answer something like "Whatever he says." I though that was cute.

I watch Jeopardy! everyday and I love it, but I hate Trebeck. His lame comments, explanations of the answers and stupid jokes make me just want to clip him one. Sometimes he even babbles over contestants trying to select a question! And he's so smug- ooh, big deal, you can explain the answer, gee, that must be real easy when you have it in front of you.

Thank God for my ReplayTV, so I can skip commercials and that inane chatter after the first commercial break, and occassionally the part of Final Jeopardy when the contestants are writing the answer (if I know it right away or am completely stumped). I fly through and episode in under 20 minutes.

I hate some of the categories. If Trebeck has to explain it, it shouldn't be there. "Ok, the answers will be words in which the middle letter is that opposite of the 4th vowel from the left and it rhymes with 'aardvark'" What the hell?!

I also hate the audience because they laugh at this crap, which only encourages them.

I, too, have felt the questions getting easier, but wasn't sure if it's the questions of my getting smarter as I get older.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
BUCK FUTTER!
We meet again Trebeck!
*ahem*
Sorry... couldn't resist. :) SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy is the funniest stuff I've seen from SNL in ages. ;)
But yeah, the game is too easy these days. I stopped watching a while ago.
So a winning streak of 12 days huh? Good for him! Maybe that'll make the producers rethink the difficulty of the show? ;)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So a winning streak of 12 days huh? Good for him! Maybe that'll make the producers rethink the difficulty of the show?
To be honest, the guy is good, so he is coming by it honestly. I actually like removing the show limit just to see how far one can go. Considering that I think this is the first guy to go over 10 shows says something.

I do agree, tho, that the answers have gotten easier. Some almost give away the question. Final Jeopardy is particularly bad about this.

Jason

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I hate the way Trebeck comes off as if he actually knew the answers. Hello - you have them written down for you, you pompous jerk.

Just once I would like to see him as a contestant...without having the answers written for him, and see how he does.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It seems to me that the questions were harder back in the days when Art Fleming was the host. I am able to answer a lot more questions now than I could when Art was the host. I don't think it is because I have gotten smarter. ;)
What happened to the days when a champion retired after winning five days?

John Watson

Screenwriter
Actually Alex Trebek is a very intelligent man, I appreciate his non-superior attitude, which is called graciousness.
The show - a lot more class than most TV dreck, tho perhaps it is being dumbed down, but consider the audiences :frowning:

John Watson

Screenwriter
Actually Alex Trebek is a very intelligent man, I appreciate his non-superior attitude, which is called graciousness.
The show - a lot more class than most TV dreck, tho perhaps it is being dumbed down, but consider the audiences :frowning:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
How exactly would that get a higher percentage women and minorities on the show?
It's based on the same school of thought as affirmative action. If you don't get the right quotas of gender and skin color, simply broaden the applicant pool by lowering standards. Then they'll have a broader selection from which to meet said quotas. Never mind how degrading that is to the women and minorities that would have come to their position on a level playing field.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
How exactly would that get a higher percentage women and minorities on the show?
It's based on the same school of thought as affirmative action. If you don't get the right quotas of gender and skin color, simply broaden the applicant pool by lowering standards. Then they'll have a broader selection from which to meet said quotas. Never mind how degrading that is to the women and minorities that would have come to their position on a level playing field.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I always feel smart when I get a lot of questions right while watching Jeopardy. Thanks for ruining my fun...:frowning: ;)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I always feel smart when I get a lot of questions right while watching Jeopardy. Thanks for ruining my fun...:frowning: ;)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
whenever life is getting you down, and things are running you ragged, repeat the following Jeopardy themed phrase and I promise you it will lift you up:

Suck on it Trebek....and when you're done sucking on it....suck on it some more.

For reasons I can't explain, that always puts a hop in my step.

p.s. I'll take TheRapists for $200.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
whenever life is getting you down, and things are running you ragged, repeat the following Jeopardy themed phrase and I promise you it will lift you up:

Suck on it Trebek....and when you're done sucking on it....suck on it some more.

For reasons I can't explain, that always puts a hop in my step.

p.s. I'll take TheRapists for $200.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I've watched Jeopardy! off and on ever since the original program was on NBC's morning lineup in the 1960s (Art Flemming was the host then). And I think the syndicated version of today is every bit as good. Yes, the show's writers like to do wordplay with the category titles, but, generally, the game is still good.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I've watched Jeopardy! off and on ever since the original program was on NBC's morning lineup in the 1960s (Art Flemming was the host then). And I think the syndicated version of today is every bit as good. Yes, the show's writers like to do wordplay with the category titles, but, generally, the game is still good.

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Quick comment about Trebeck. About 2 years ago he was on CSPAN or something doing an interview about a book. He said the following: The year that I can not pass the written test is the year I quit hosting.

Obviously take this with a grain of salt, er..silica. Alex is rather intelligent, but it would still be interesting to see how he does buzzing in, instead of taking a written test.

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Quick comment about Trebeck. About 2 years ago he was on CSPAN or something doing an interview about a book. He said the following: The year that I can not pass the written test is the year I quit hosting.

Obviously take this with a grain of salt, er..silica. Alex is rather intelligent, but it would still be interesting to see how he does buzzing in, instead of taking a written test.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks