When chosing a new Toshiba RPTV, go **H80 or the **H81?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael De Costa, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

I recently had to replace my 56H80 due to a fire. I was looking to reorder the set when I found that it is being discontinued. The 56H80's replacement will be the 57H81. When looking over the new enhancements, I can yet to decide if I should spend the extra $600 or so to go with the 57H81. Does anyone know whether the features of the new **H81's are that much better than the **H80's? Please help!
    ------------------
    At my singnal, unleash HELL.......

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I'd spend a couple hundred (or whatever) on top of that and go with the 57HX81. This model uses a brand new CRT design, new lenses, and a host of other improvments over your old H80.
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics

3. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

Johnny-Thanks for your reply. I will be sure to spend a few extra bucks and go with the 57H81. Hopefully those improvements make a big difference in picture quality.
    ------------------
    At my singnal, unleash HELL.......

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

Michael,
    JohnnyG was actually recommending the 57HX81. This is not the same set as the 57H81 you were asking about. The 57H81 is the standard model and from what I have seen so far, is very nice and IMO a definite improvement on the 56H80. However, the 57HX81 is supposed to be even better, with upgraded CRTs and lenses, plus some audio and user enhancements not on the lower model.
    The xxHX81 models are supposed to be out in about a month and I am waiting to see them before I make my decision.
    ------------------
    Dan